The Official #1 Tennessee @ Vandy SEC Tourney Semi-Final Game Thread (Sat. May 25 4:30PM EST SEC NETWORK)

I actually put the 2021 team ahead of both of the years you mention. That blue collar team was full of guys that transformed this program to open the door for the 2022 and 2023 teams. That team is the one that built what we have today. Late inning wins and walk offs, scrappy, talented and confident. They were trailblazers, winning a regional for the first time in many years, winning a super, and going to the CWS for the first time in like 16 years. That team put us on the map, put butts in the seats, caused us to add seating for a regional, created a watch party on a Jumbotron in the street for supers, and got UT fans excited about something during a time of Covid and lackluster performance in other UT sports. Personally, I believe that is the team that got this run started, without question. I know CTV has mentioned the same many times.
The 2020 team was on its way to being the breakout team. They were 15-2 about to start SEC play and then the season got cancelled. They had 31 homers and 43 doubles at that point. It’s a shame we never got to see them finish what they started.

Which part of Tennessee baseball history do you think most fans remember (or care about):

1. 2022 team that won regular season and tournament titles but failed to make it to the World Series

2. 2023 team that won no sec titles but made it to the World Series.

We judge teams by history all the time, and there’s one metric that matters in our sport - and it’s not a tournament title.
Not sure I totally agree with all of that .... I know the crushing disappointment of the loss to Notre Dame, but I still think of the 2022 team as the best and most exciting team Tennessee has ever had. If you actually watch the games, instead of just following the results, I think it would be hard to disagree with that.

Just remember, out of the several hundred college baseball teams, only ONE wins their last game. Everyone else goes home disappointed. I am very thankful for the great memories Vol baseball has provided the last few seasons. It has turned this formerly football only fan into a multi sport supporter. And Rick Barnes and Company have done the same with men’s basketball.
The losses are always sad; but like I say, everybody except one ends up the exact same way.

Not sure I totally agree with all of that .... I know the crushing disappointment of the loss to Notre Dame, but I still think of the 2022 team as the best and most exciting team Tennessee has ever had. If you actually watch the games, instead of just following the results, I think it would be hard to disagree with that.
I agree . The 2022 didn’t want to just beat you they wanted to run rule you every game. I also feel the line up 1 through. 9 was a little bit better.

Just remember, out of the several hundred college baseball teams, only ONE wins their last game. Everyone else goes home disappointed. I am very thankful for the great memories Vol baseball has provided the last few seasons. It has turned this formerly football only fan into a multi sport supporter. And Rick Barnes and Company have done the same with men’s basketball.
The losses are always sad; but like I say, everybody except one ends up the exact same way.
Not true. Misery won the last game of their season 😜

It’s called Tony is the manager and he knows what he is doing. Question him all you wish, you be proven wrong more times than not. Best coach in the country and it isn’t really close right now.
Well the people that matter and not just UT fans beg to differ. Since LSU’s coach got coach of the year.

Unfortunately the part about the $ is just not true. Not in baseball. There are only a few in all of NCAA getting material $$$ money. I’m guessing Luke Holman and Tommy White are 2 of them.
That got sorted out…I was talking about other sports it just was in this forum and got taken as baseball…yes a few baseball guys are getting paid but certainly not like basketball and football!

Personally I feel like Florida gets left out. I just have a hard time believing they will put a 28-27 (13-17) team into the tournament as an at-large. The other 13-17 teams that were on the bubble took care of business and earned their spot because of this tournament. Florida blew their chance. They are now right at 30th in RPI which is not an ideal spot to be in. I think this will be your SEC representatives:

Tennessee
A&M
Kentucky
Arkansas
Georgia
Mississippi State
Alabama
South Carolina
LSU
Vanderbilt
I agree, playing a tough schedule is part of equation. You have win against that schedule.

Florida had their chance against good teams and they failed at home, road and neutral. Time to give another team who can’t make such a schedule a chance

Dislike. Plus KY coach got the award. CTV is best coach in NCAA IMHO.
So if KY coach got it this year and LSU coach got it last year. Seems like the best coach in the NCAA is far fetched and reaching…a lot. And speaking of opinions I like the coach we have and he’s pretty darn good.

VN Store

Back