The Official #1 Tennessee @ Vandy SEC Tourney Semi-Final Game Thread (Sat. May 25 4:30PM EST SEC NETWORK)

Personally I feel like Florida gets left out. I just have a hard time believing they will put a 28-27 (13-17) team into the tournament as an at-large. The other 13-17 teams that were on the bubble took care of business and earned their spot because of this tournament. Florida blew their chance. They are now right at 30th in RPI which is not an ideal spot to be in. I think this will be your SEC representatives:

Tennessee
A&M
Kentucky
Arkansas
Georgia
Mississippi State
Alabama
South Carolina
LSU
Vanderbilt
Yep. Looks right to me

I know 1 thing I am feeling much better about is the DH. They’ve all been delivering pretty dang good in Hoover. The ugly is we’ve left so many runners on. But the guys keep winning. Feels like we are due for a big game…
Would be nice to just go ahead and run rule tomorrow and solve the pitching conundrum.

Which part of Tennessee baseball history do you think most fans remember (or care about):

1. 2022 team that won regular season and tournament titles but failed to make it to the World Series

2. 2023 team that won no sec titles but made it to the World Series.

We judge teams by history all the time, and there’s one metric that matters in our sport - and it’s not a tournament title.
I actually put the 2021 team ahead of both of the years you mention. That blue collar team was full of guys that transformed this program to open the door for the 2022 and 2023 teams. That team is the one that built what we have today. Late inning wins and walk offs, scrappy, talented and confident. They were trailblazers, winning a regional for the first time in many years, winning a super, and going to the CWS for the first time in like 16 years. That team put us on the map, put butts in the seats, caused us to add seating for a regional, created a watch party on a Jumbotron in the street for supers, and got UT fans excited about something during a time of Covid and lackluster performance in other UT sports. Personally, I believe that is the team that got this run started, without question. I know CTV has mentioned the same many times.

VN Store

Back