The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

If you think Chet is skinny you should see next years #1 pick Victor Wembamyama who's about 7'3 210 lbs. Both will be problems in the NBA with their length, and ability to score. They'll gain the weight needed.
I haven't read much about him, but yeah I'd expect him to get bullied as well.

This has been one boring offseason. Basketball, football and baseball. I used to follow professional sports more. This is when we need those summer olympic sporting events. I think if Vol baseball would've finally come through with a championship for the university there would still be some buzz.

With that said, I want to shout out Jordan and Josh Bone's dad small take out restaurant. He owns a small joint in Nashville off of Murfreesboro Rd/Rural Hill intersection in Antioch called Bone's Fish. Whiting, catfish, tilapia, wings, polish sausage, sides, desserts is a lot that's on the menu and again it's takeout. I went by last night and got a few whiting plates, peach cobbler, fruit tea. Good food and what I'd say is reasonably priced. He closes anywhere from 8p to 9p nightly. Shameless plug as a Vols fan who lives in that area.

This has been one boring offseason. Basketball, football and baseball. I used to follow professional sports more. This is when we need those summer olympic sporting events. I think if Vol baseball would've finally come through with a championship for the university there would still be some buzz.

With that said, I want to shout out Jordan and Josh Bone's dad small take out restaurant. He owns a small joint in Nashville off of Murfreesboro Rd/Rural Hill intersection in Antioch called Bone's Fish. Whiting, catfish, tilapia, wings, polish sausage, sides, desserts is a lot that's on the menu and again it's takeout. I went by last night and got a few whiting plates, peach cobbler, fruit tea. Good food and what I'd say is reasonably priced. He closes anywhere from 8p to 9p nightly. Shameless plug as a Vols fan who lives in that area.

I think UT baseball still caused a pretty big buzz because there's no sign the program is going to slow down and everyone had fun along the way. The ending royally sucked but I think when people had a chance to stop and look back, they realize we still witnessed a very special season and that TV is still just getting started here.

I just saw that Jon Higgins is leaving Farragut to coach at Science Hill. Is that considered a move up? I don't follow high school basketball very closely.

I just saw that Jon Higgins is leaving Farragut to coach at Science Hill. Is that considered a move up? I don't follow high school basketball very closely.

Science used to be a powerhouse. They won the state 3 times back in the 90's. Still a very good program. Usually finish near the top of the conference. Besides Dobyns Bennett and sometimes Greenville, there's not a lot of local competition.

I say lateral move at best

My thought is that for basketball, SH has a higher ceiling but that overall Farragut is a better program recently. Just my opinion though.

Reactions: Freak
I know there was tons of back and forth about the new ticket model and folks saying that it wouldn’t bring in new fans/wouldn’t increase ticket sales…

I thought the debate was more about whether existing season ticket holders would renew if they were shuffled around the stadium from previous seats, required to donate more, etc. Not necessarily about whether sales, themselves, would increase/decrease. There is a lot of hype around the team and they are exciting to watch (at least on offense). I’m not surprised that people will want to come see them.

I thought the debate was more about whether existing season ticket holders would renew if they were shuffled around the stadium from previous seats, required to donate more, etc. Not necessarily about whether sales, themselves, would increase/decrease. There is a lot of hype around the team and they are exciting to watch (at least on offense). I’m not surprised that people will want to come see them.
I’m sure that was discussed, but the huge debate was about betting on bringing in a new generation of fans and whether that would increase or decrease the overall number, which is always obviously the point. I said at the time that Danny White was betting on there being a large contingent of younger fans who don’t have season tickets that were more than willing/wanting those tickets, that appears to be the case.

Edit: Misread

Last edited:
Yeah, I admit after it was discussed so much I started just scanning those convos, but at least at the start the dissenters were definitely more so saying “This is royally screwing over the existing ticket holders” not “This isn’t gonna make it harder to fill the arena.” I don’t know why anybody would’ve thought it would make it harder to sale tickets in general, and I don’t remember anyone saying that; I just remember folks saying it was unfair
This is about football (field) not basketball (arena)…and there were many folks saying it would cost Tennessee ticket sales or at the very least a major risk by White.

VN Store

Back