The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

I just saw that Jon Higgins is leaving Farragut to coach at Science Hill. Is that considered a move up? I don't follow high school basketball very closely.
Science Hill historically is a superior basketball school/community. One of the reasons is they have always prioritized basketball. Athletes are not an issue. I think in men's basketball SH has a higher ceiling. Farragut much superior in baseball because of how much they make it a priority.

Why does it feel like we never play overseas exhibitions like other SEC teams do?
Last year was the first year we've been eligible since our 2017 trip. Obviously, Covid made, and still does make overseas traveling problematic, though not impossible. I wonder if we have something planned for next summer?

Last year was the first year we've been eligible since our 2017 trip. Obviously, Covid made, and still does make overseas traveling problematic, though not impossible. I wonder if we have something planned for next summer?
I’m flying to Germany in 4 weeks and the only requirement is I have to show my original proof of vaccine from a couple years back. Surprised me as I was thinking you had to have a negative test within 24 hours of the international flight but that appears to have been dropped?

I’m flying to Germany in 4 weeks and the only requirement is I have to show my original proof of vaccine from a couple years back. Surprised me as I was thinking you had to have a negative test within 24 hours of the international flight but that appears to have been dropped?

I’m going to Italy in 4 weeks as well and a negative test is required. But ya know, Italy was one of the first places hit. And was hit hard.

Reactions: walkenvol
I’m going to Italy in 4 weeks as well and a negative test is required. But ya know, Italy was one of the first places hit. And was hit hard.
Now I’m wondering if the travel agent was correct? Would think any country in the EU would have the same requirement?

Now I’m wondering if the travel agent was correct? Would think any country in the EU would have the same requirement?
I do think it's kind of funny that the only requirement for you is a vaccine (proof of the original, but no subsequent boosters) when it has been theorized that the original series was not effective long-term. That its efficacy was more closely resembled by that of the flu vaccination than a one-and-done type of vaccine, what are they hoping to prevent by allowing people in the country who were vaccinated up to 18 months ago and may not have followed up with boosters?

Reactions: walkenvol
I do think it's kind of funny that the only requirement for you is a vaccine (proof of the original, but no subsequent boosters) when it has been theorized that the original series was not effective long-term. That its efficacy was more closely resembled by that of the flu vaccination than a one-and-done type of vaccine, what are they hoping to prevent by allowing people in the country who were vaccinated up to 18 months ago and may not have followed up with boosters?
Agree 100% as I was also quite surprised. I caught COVID a month back and the symptoms weren’t life threatening in nature like they seemed to be at the beginning of the pandemic so maybe this thing has evolved into the cold / flu level of disease and everybody is going to start treating it as “business as usual”?

Reactions: cncchris33
Agree 100% as I was also quite surprised. I caught COVID a month back and the symptoms weren’t life threatening in nature like they seemed to be at the beginning of the pandemic so maybe this thing has evolved into the cold / flu level of disease and everybody is going to start treating it as “business as usual”?

We should avoid a political discussion IMO. This conversation never goes anywhere but the gutter

We should avoid a political discussion IMO. This conversation never goes anywhere but the gutter
Didn’t realize my post was political as I was speculating on why they might be relaxing the international flight requirements - not my opinion of anything? This certainly isn’t basketball so I’m done.

Reactions: cncchris33
Didn’t realize my post was political as I was speculating on why they might be relaxing the international flight requirements - not my opinion of anything? This certainly isn’t basketball so I’m done.
It wasn’t, but it’s only a matter of time before someone pops in and derails the whole thing. I swear some of these folks have a keyword alert set up for anything even remotely related.

It's only political if you make it political. Nothing said to this point has been combative or controversial. And this is the "off-topic" forum. I generally agree that someone pops their mouth off and throws their oppressive opinion in the ring on the matter and ruins an innocent conversation, but there are no signs of that happening in this one, so far.

Up to a 2-seed in pre-season bracketology which seems weird since no roster changes were made since Lunardi’s last update lol.

Think he finally realized that we only lost one real contributor (sorry Fulky) and added some quality piece. Or he just wasnt paying attention.

Think he finally realized that we only lost one real contributor (sorry Fulky) and added some quality piece. Or he just wasnt paying attention.

Yep. I mean I think I actually agree more with his original assessment of a 3-seed. I expect this team to be really good, but I need to see how Phillips acclimates to the team first and if JJJ can get off to a good start offensively before I am prepared to say we’re one of the 8 best teams.

Yep. I mean I think I actually agree more with his original assessment of a 3-seed. I expect this team to be really good, but I need to see how Phillips acclimates to the team first and if JJJ can get off to a good start offensively before I am prepared to say we’re one of the 8 best teams.
Agreed. I think this team really has all the potential in the world. Hopefully it comes together.

Same. This isn't a top-8 team based on what we know right now.
I think every team outside Top 2-3 is gonna have some unproven parts/flaws…if we go off “what we know” or proven parts of this team you’re correct, but just the same as with every team you have to project a bit about what returning guys will be/incoming guys will be.

I think every team outside Top 2-3 is gonna have some unproven parts/flaws…if we go off “what we know” or proven parts of this team you’re correct, but just the same as with every team you have to project a bit about what returning guys will be/incoming guys will be.
I agree, but our biggest potential flaw (PG) can be a big issue and we just don't know how ZZ is going to handle 32mpg. And if he can't, it gets really hairy behind him because we don't really know what our options are, nor what any potential option can offer with meaningful minutes.

Two-point scoring has been an issue in the past, as well. I think Phillips can help in that department, an improved ON can help, so I'm less concerned there because we have options with either experience or high-level talent/expectation.

I agree, but our biggest potential flaw (PG) can be a big issue and we just don't know how ZZ is going to handle 32mpg. And if he can't, it gets really hairy behind him because we don't really know what our options are, nor what any potential option can offer with meaningful minutes.

Two-point scoring has been an issue in the past, as well. I think Phillips can help in that department, an improved ON can help, so I'm less concerned there because we have options with either experience or high-level talent/expectation.

Was Key brought in to be a PG?

VN Store

Back