The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

You are correct. So, the only exception between the WWE event and a Tennessee basketball game is that the game is a university-sanctioned event. Do they enact stricter mask requirements for a university-sanctioned event? That I don’t know.
Yeah, who knows.

I can't get over the malice at the palace. What a friggin embarrassment. My mind is also blown at how bad the stadium security was too.
I think it was a few steps below that. It’s embarrassing but it’s some drunk 20 year olds throwing water bottles at the end of the day. Not exactly a complete affront to human dignity

I do think the golf ball thrower should face a really harsh penalty, up to an expulsion. That is wildly dangerous

Of course in Kiffin’s post game he says golf “balls”. I’d like to know if the plural part was a lie. I have a feeling that he was correct though.

Of course in Kiffin’s post game he says golf “balls”. I’d like to know if the plural part was a lie. I have a feeling that he was correct though.
I could have sworn the one that hit him in the arm was white so maybe there were multiple? Why would anyone even have a golf ball there???

I could have sworn the one that hit him in the arm was white so maybe there were multiple? Why would anyone even have a golf ball there???

To throw them at Lane.

I also thought that the one that might have hit his right elbow and he picked up was white.

Edit: the ball that almost (or did) hit Kiffin was yellow. So he might have been lying when he said golf “balls”.

Last edited:
Matt Corrall running up the middle and the center destroying him, will be in Jeremy Banks nightmares, forever
Am I wrong for thinking all those QB runs up the middle were more the d-line’s fault not keeping their gaps? It’s gotta be tough for a LB to take on a pulling guard and an athletic QB one on one

Am I wrong for thinking all those QB runs up the middle were more the d-line’s fault not keeping their gaps? It’s gotta be tough for a LB to take on a pulling guard and an athletic QB one on one

Bringing 3 or 4 guys on the line and there’s going to be gaps, no way to really avoid that…also hard to really fault just Banks, you’re going to lose that battle every time with a blocker and Corral behind him able to go either way. They ran a ton of man and dropped safety’s back seemingly trying to keep everything in front of them at the expense of allowing QB runs….as aggravating as it was we held them to their lowest point total other than Bama and that included gifting them 7 points on the early muffed punt.

Bringing 3 or 4 guys on the line and there’s going to be gaps, no way to really avoid that…also hard to really fault just Banks, you’re going to lose that battle every time with a blocker and Corral behind him able to go either way. They ran a ton of man and dropped safety’s back seemingly trying to keep everything in front of them at the expense of allowing QB runs….as aggravating as it was we held them to their lowest point total other than Bama and that included gifting them 7 points on the early muffed punt.
It was helped by a lot of dropped passes, but I agree it was a decent defensive performance considering the opponent. Still stings, feel like Ole Miss and Pittsburgh are wins with just a little more discipline from the team and a few better coaching decisions. Hopefully those come with time

I began to think that it was almost was part of our strategy. We’d make him beat us w his legs rather than throw all over us. And though it was frustrating as hell to watch it nearly worked. I wasn’t too displeased w our D last night

Reactions: The Dog
It was helped by a lot of dropped passes, but I agree it was a decent defensive performance considering the opponent. Still stings, feel like Ole Miss and Pittsburgh are wins with just a little more discipline from the team and a few better coaching decisions. Hopefully those come with time
Yea…I said after the Pitt game that we’d look back and feel it was a missed opportunity, hard to not feel same about this one too. Hopefully can beat Kentucky, that would kinda make up for it, but then will wonder what could’ve been.

Reactions: berryvol
Yea…I said after the Pitt game that we’d look back and feel it was a missed opportunity, hard to not feel same about this one too. Hopefully can beat Kentucky, that would kinda make up for it, but then will wonder what could’ve been.
Yeah, before the game last night I’d have said I feel better about potentially beating Kentucky than beating Ole Miss, even if we have to play them on the road. Coming off the bye week before we play them will help

Reactions: berryvol
Sadly, this team is a 6-6 team at best if Hooker is going to miss any real time moving forward. Regardless though, I love this team and staff. What they’re done so far is downright impressive and we will be scary again once we get a little depth back. Neyland definitely returned to being one of the scariest places to play a game last night. Felt like the 90s in there.

VN Store

Back