The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Yeah, I was wondering because I know we are still in football season so basketball is on the back burner, but I still figured it would be announced one way or another by now.

I figure they will wait until the last minute and see how things are going. They could also change requirements at any time (as happened for LSU football). And yes, enforcement would be tricky and one could just be eating the whole game!

Reactions: Willy14
Current policy on campus is that masks are required when inside buildings except when eating (I've been lecturing in mask all semester). The requirements have been sent down for ~2 week intervals that have been renewed throughout the Fall. There is some talk that it could be allowed to expire if cases are low enough. Not requiring masks at Neyland fits within that policy, but seems there would need to be an exception made for TBA since it is indoors.
The one difference might be that TBA is not university property, correct? It is city property, I think. The last update I saw re: mask usage pertained to the WWE event held there, recently. Masks were not required, but encouraged. However, the university may have more control over university events (basketball games) in that building than they do over public events.

The one difference might be that TBA is not university property, correct? It is city property, I think. The last update I saw re: mask usage pertained to the WWE event held there, recently. Masks were not required, but encouraged. However, the university may have more control over university events (basketball games) in that building than they do over public events.
This is the fuzzy grey area that I'm wondering about as well

Reactions: walkenvol
I live in a state where we still have a statewide requirement for indoor events. They got rid of it for a while and then reinstated it when cases got worse. They’re probably on the verge of getting rid of it again now. I just leave some stashed in my car so I don’t have to worry about it. It’s pretty easy to be flexible about.

My season tickets arrived in the mail today. Disappointing that they don’t have any pictures or graphics. A friend of mine’s arrived Friday and were the same deal. Generic printouts. I guess the athletic department has spent too much on fired coaches and administrators and can’t give back a pittance to the long time season ticket holders.

But this means that since there’s not a fancy collectible, souvenir ticket, it’s gonna be the greatest season ever.

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
I live in a state where we still have a statewide requirement for indoor events. They got rid of it for a while and then reinstated it when cases got worse. They’re probably on the verge of getting rid of it again now. I just leave some stashed in my car so I don’t have to worry about it. It’s pretty easy to be flexible about.

I actually would possibly dig still wearing a UT mask.

And I like wearing them in public so people don't recognize me; easier to get out of conversations when they can't tell it's you.

I am pretty sure TBA is university property. I’ve never heard anything saying otherwise, although I might be wrong.

I am pretty sure TBA is university property. I’ve never heard anything saying otherwise, although I might be wrong.
You are correct. So, the only exception between the WWE event and a Tennessee basketball game is that the game is a university-sanctioned event. Do they enact stricter mask requirements for a university-sanctioned event? That I don’t know.

You are correct. So, the only exception between the WWE event and a Tennessee basketball game is that the game is a university-sanctioned event. Do they enact stricter mask requirements for a university-sanctioned event? That I don’t know.
I called the box office. No mask mandate and 100% capacity.

Anyone heard if we will have to wear masks in TBA at home games this year? I have the vol pass and I was just wanting to know. I heard that it will for sure be full capacity. At Neyland, they don't have to wear masks but I know it's outside so it's viewed differently.
@cncchris33 @bleedingTNorange
No mask mandate, 100% capacity.

Siap Just saw(on FB which is why I’m asking) that the bvols are having an open scrimmage Saturday at 11:30. Anybody confirm?

Last edited:
Reactions: Vols All Day

VN Store

Back