The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Do you guys think that LSU will get stripped of their 2019 SEC title?

If they get stripped of the title that's fine with me, but that's not ultimately what I'm hoping happens. I want Will Wade to be fired, LSU to have a multi-year postseason ban, and loss of scholarships. Send a message that getting caught red handed being a cheating POS has legitimate consequences

If they get stripped of the title that's fine with me, but that's not ultimately what I'm hoping happens. I want Will Wade to be fired, LSU to have a multi-year postseason ban, and loss of scholarships. Send a message that getting caught red handed being a cheating POS has legitimate consequences
Wade should get a 10 year show cause

Has Barnes changed his philosophy from trying to get diamond in the rough 3 stars that he can develop to elite 5 stars or is it just that we are doing a much better job recruiting?

Has Barnes changed his philosophy from trying to get diamond in the rough 3 stars that he can develop to elite 5 stars or is it just that we are doing a much better job recruiting?

I think that his philosophy is much the same. He emphasizes high character recruits that are willing to be coached hard and be team oriented. Winning and having had great guys like Grant and Admiral being successful has simply validated his approach and he's now better able to find players that fit the criteria and they are now higher rated recruits. There's no longer a need to bring in the Ramar Smith types or take a chance on a Tyler Smith.

Reactions: johnfnkelly
We have team success, individual success, NBA development, and stability to sell, now, where we didn't 5-6 years ago. That goes a long way with these kids.

We have team success, individual success, NBA development, and stability to sell, now, where we didn't 5-6 years ago. That goes a long way with these kids.
And also relationships built, which this staff is very good at...Josiah James, Jaden Springer and Keon Johnson are all guys that this staff was aware of and in contact with shortly after getting the Tennessee job.

Reactions: sport3500
And also relationships built, which this staff is very good at...Josiah James, Jaden Springer and Keon Johnson are all guys that this staff was aware of and in contact with shortly after getting the Tennessee job.

Not sure I agree with that at least regarding Johnson. The staff was a little slow getting on board with his recruitment and certainly didn’t get on board that first year.

Normally, I'd say I really just want Wade to be fired and given a lengthy show cause. Don't punish the kids still there by giving them a postseason ban and loss of schollies, etc. A strong SEC is better for us and I kind of like the craziness of LSU fans/culture.

However.... I would admittedly take a great deal of pleasure watching their message board implode after reading through that hot mess of denial and rationalization in the wake of Wade's tape release.

Normally, I'd say I really just want Wade to be fired and given a lengthy show cause. Don't punish the kids still there by giving them a postseason ban and loss of schollies, etc. A strong SEC is better for us and I kind of like the craziness of LSU fans/culture.

However.... I would admittedly take a great deal of pleasure watching their message board implode after reading through that hot mess of denial and rationalization in the wake of Wade's tape release.

I would hate it for the kids, but how can you go to LSU and not know that there is a huge magnifying glass on the program. I say if you play in that game (Wade in those Waters?), you pay the consequences.

Reactions: Vol49er
Well, I won my Yahoo NBA Fantasy League, they officially cancelled the rest of the season, since the NBA is only finishing the season with 22 teams. How did u do Dal ?

Reactions: Vol49er
Well, I won my Yahoo NBA Fantasy League, they officially cancelled the rest of the season, since the NBA is only finishing the season with 22 teams. How did u do Dal ?
Not good. Not at all lol finished second from last. I’m much better at fantasy football lmao.

Reactions: The Dog

Any individual person amongst their fan base that can legitimize what has happened and make excuses for Wade's behavior is just bush league.

VN Store

Back