The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

I'll wait until after the MSU game before I start having any hope at all. We played well for about a quater and a half but I don't know how much of that was Georgia taking us lightly as well combined with all the elements of a prime time rivalry matchup. I mean Kansas looked good about the same amount of time against Oklahoma so it's too early to tell if last night's good parts translate into anything real.

I still think absolutely best case scenario is 5-7, which I admit after the start that would actually be kind of a successful season.
Though I doubted Maurer pregame I was encouraged by his success. The one time he really got belted he was pulling a JG, standing and holding the ball. His release is definitely superior and his accuracy was superior early. Think he got tired, but that comes with playing more. And the rest of the team responded to him. i also think the oline has a future with the youngsters they've landed. D is another story.

Maurer seems to have a really good arm and is a running threat. But he's a true freshman and this is the SEC. I also think that JG is better than he's shown this year.

If TN had been able to put any pressure at all on the GA QB then the final result would have been much closer.

BTW, WTH is Smart doing throwing that blitz at the freshman QB when the outcome had been decided and the game clock was nearly zero? That program is full of ***holes. Never forget that they put their guy's picture that took the cheap shot at Shy Tuttle and tore up his knee on the TN game ticket the following year.

Reactions: cardvolfan
Though I doubted Maurer pregame I was encouraged by his success. The one time he really got belted he was pulling a JG, standing and holding the ball. His release is definitely superior and his accuracy was superior early. Think he got tired, but that comes with playing more. And the rest of the team responded to him. i also think the oline has a future with the youngsters they've landed. D is another story.

I wish Pruitt had started with Maurer from Game 1. I don't think he suddenly makes us great but I think we at least beat GSU with him starting.

Reactions: Pacer92
The University of Kansas apologized for its risque Late Night at the Phog event in which rapper Snoop Dogg performed, stripper poles were wheeled onto the Allen Fieldhouse floor and fake money was shot over the heads of prospective recruits.

-AP

Reactions: IndianapolisVol
They have announced start times/tv networks for a handful of our OOC games, but anybody know when we will find out details for Memphis/Wisconsin games?

I can't believe no one, including myself, has posted NBA Vols preseason action.

So far, Grant is doing the best out of the new NBA Vols, and everyone except for Kyle has played (the Heat's first preseason game is tonight)

Grant: 5 pts (2-7 FG, 0-3 3pt, 1-2 FT), 9 reb, 2 ast, 1 stl, 1 blk, team-high +14 in 18 mins versus Hornets

Admiral: 0 pts (0-6 FG, 0-4 3pt), 6 reb, 1 ast in 19 mins [McRae is also on Wiz roster and logged 12 pts on 5-11 FG]

Bone: 1 point on 0-1 FG with absolutely no other stats outside of a turnover in 3 mins

Heat and 76ers have not played yet, so no news on Alexander, Richardson, or Harris.

I can't believe no one, including myself, has posted NBA Vols preseason action.

So far, Grant is doing the best out of the new NBA Vols, and everyone except for Kyle has played (the Heat's first preseason game is tonight)

Grant: 5 pts (2-7 FG, 0-3 3pt, 1-2 FT), 9 reb, 2 ast, 1 stl, 1 blk, team-high +14 in 18 mins versus Hornets

Admiral: 0 pts (0-6 FG, 0-4 3pt), 6 reb, 1 ast in 19 mins [McRae is also on Wiz roster and logged 12 pts on 5-11 FG]

Bone: 1 point on 0-1 FG with absolutely no other stats outside of a turnover in 3 mins

Heat and 76ers have not played yet, so no news on Alexander, Richardson, or Harris.
Had actually came to see if anyone had posted this. Rough start for admiral but he’ll figure it out.

Yikes. That's rough for Admiral. I know he struggled in pre-season too. Hopefully he can work things out. I would love to see him make the Wizards roster this year, although starting out with the Go-Gos for awhile seems most likely.

Yikes. That's rough for Admiral. I know he struggled in pre-season too. Hopefully he can work things out. I would love to see him make the Wizards roster this year, although starting out with the Go-Gos for awhile seems most likely.
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought this is preseason right now.

Vol Pass is back. I'm kind of surprised after all of the success last year. $150, up from $99 a year ago... but still a great deal. Some seats (behind the TN bench) require $5,000 donations.

I bet the Vol Pass sells out quickly. Guaranteed a seat for each game. Hard to get good ones for the big games, but the lower bowl is usually available for the lesser opponents... especially the week night games.
How many seats do you get for that donation?

VN Store

Back