The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

We'll just agree to disagree. All I'm saying is the likelihood of success, IMO, is probably much higher with a cycle of 5-Stars coming in year-in, year-out, over the "coach em' up" model. Even with all of the "coach em' up" Barnes & Co. have been doing the past few years successfully, it still hasn't translated to any championships. I think i'll take my chances with the blue chips.

I will say I never thought TN basketball would get to the point where fans began questioning whether we were recruiting too many 5-Star studs and if we should be recruiting a lower caliber of player lol. It's just mind-boggling.

You would take the over on 57 wins the next 2 seasons? I sure wouldn’t.

Winning championships is hard, elite talent or not...going to the NCAAT as a 2 or 3 seed is about as much as you can ask for as far as giving yourself a chance. Imo Barnes proved he can win that way, not sure why anyone would question it.

Alright that last sentence got me😂
I for one am totally in favor of letting this athletes profit off their likeness, seems totally unfair to deny them that opportunity to capitalize on the revenue they’re able to create

I am for it as well but there has to be some regulation. It can’t just be buying of recruits. The 3rd string QB at say an Alabama can’t have a marketing deal worth more than a legit known player that’s likeness really is worth something significant in the business world.

I am for it as well but there has to be some regulation. It can’t just be buying of recruits. The 3rd string QB at say an Alabama can’t have a marketing deal worth more than a legit known player that’s likeness really is worth something significant in the business world.
Hadn’t considered that, that’s a good point

Reactions: BruinVol
The idea that Kentucky gets unfavorable treatment from officials is laughable. Calipari should have been given a sobriety test before being allowed to drive home from that function.

He’s a manipulator. I have seen it for years while at Memphis.

There’s a story that Gary Parrish tells where Cal kept telling the media at Memphis one year that one of his bench players led the NCAA in points per minute (He was trying to keep the kid happy). Parrish finally decided to look it up, and the kid wasn’t even in like the top 250 or something. Cal says what he wants you to believe, and his fans lap it up.

It took GA almost 3 and a half quarters to finally go up by more than 12 points. I don't know what's worse... that they wore out TN and imposed their will on them down the stretch, or hearing the knuckle dragging "fans" express their nonsense.

No doubt it's the same idiots posting in the FF that were booing Guarantano when he had to enter the game after Maurer got injured and had to sit out a play.

NEWSFLASH. This time 2 years ago TN was having the worst season in it's history. So let's fix the current mess by fahring err'body again. Aight?

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
It took GA almost 3 and a half quarters to finally go up by more than 12 points. I don't know what's worse... that they wore out TN and imposed their will on them down the stretch, or hearing the knuckle dragging "fans" express their nonsense.

No doubt it's the same idiots posting in the FF that were booing Guarantano when he had to enter the game after Maurer got injured and had to sit out a play.

NEWSFLASH. This time 2 years ago TN was having the worst season in it's history. So let's fix the current mess by fahring err'body again. Aight?
10 or more years of FRUSTRATION coming out. Maurer surprised me and the few short moments he had gave me a little HOPE for the future. Some staff adjustments might be necessary though.

10 or more years of FRUSTRATION coming out. Maurer surprised me and the few short moments he had gave me a little HOPE for the future. Some staff adjustments might be necessary though.

No doubt the staff could use some tweaking. Need more like Tee. Like or dislike Johnny Majors, he wasn't afraid to pull the trigger on anybody. Ken Donahue was largely responsible for Bear Bryant's success and orchestrated the 1986 Sugar Bowl performance. But when TN started out 0-6 in 1988 Johnny blew him out.

Bottom line is that TN needs more difference makers on the field. Heard a disheartening comment about Pruitt. He's been a great DC, BUT everywhere he's coached he's also had great players. If TN doesn't elevate the crootin' the revolving door of coaches could keep spinning for another decade. It took TN Basketball nearly 2 decades and 5 coaches to get things turned around after firing Devoe and even that 5th guy imploded.

I'll wait until after the MSU game before I start having any hope at all. We played well for about a quater and a half but I don't know how much of that was Georgia taking us lightly as well combined with all the elements of a prime time rivalry matchup. I mean Kansas looked good about the same amount of time against Oklahoma so it's too early to tell if last night's good parts translate into anything real.

I still think absolutely best case scenario is 5-7, which I admit after the start that would actually be kind of a successful season.

I'm thinking we have to beat Miss St to make it to 6 - 6. Still possible, but definitely an uphill climb.

VN Store

Back