The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

I think the Bulls would be another good team for Knecht.

Lavine can’t stay healthy, and I think Caruso plays the 3 right now. You also have Demar coming up on his contract as well as getting up there in age. Easy path to playing time.

A young core of White, Ayo and Knecht could be deadly.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Hope we get St. John’s. Would be a nice tough test.

Sources: St. John's and Georgia are finalizing an agreement to play a neutral site game on November 24th in the Bahamas.

The Red Storm will also play in the Baha Mar Bahamas Hoops Championship the week prior with Baylor, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Well if the Lakers get him in the second round and it helps Lebron to stick around Bronny will have provided more value than 90% of second round picks

I’m just not sure drafting Bronny is worth it for an aging LeBron who is maybe 1-2 years from retirement. Sure, most 2nd round picks are dice rolls, but there have been plenty of great role players and a few stars to come from the 2nd round.

I’m just not sure drafting Bronny is worth it for an aging LeBron who is maybe 1-2 years from retirement. Sure, most 2nd round picks are dice rolls, but there have been plenty of great role players and a few stars to come from the 2nd round.
That’s kinda his point though. The odds of drafting a star in the second round are about the same as us winning the powerball. Drafting Bronny in R2 would ensure you have the biggest star in the game (and still a top 10 player in the league) for the next 2-3 years (Bron is reportedly looking for a 3 year deal). Take anyone else and it’s 50/50 that they’re even in the league in 3 years. Not to mention the immense financial implications of drafting Bronny to his dad’s team. Seems like a no-brainer move for the Lakers.

That’s kinda his point though. The odds of drafting a star in the second round are about the same as us winning the powerball. Drafting Bronny in R2 would ensure you have the biggest star in the game (and still a top 10 player in the league) for the next 2-3 years (Bron is reportedly looking for a 3 year deal). Take anyone else and it’s 50/50 that they’re even in the league in 3 years. Not to mention the immense financial implications of drafting Bronny to his dad’s team. Seems like a no-brainer move for the Lakers.

I guess. But it’s not like having LeBron has done much for the Lakers in recent years. I know they won the bubble tournament, but that’s starting to look more like a fluke than anything. I can see the desire to re-sign him but at this point it feels like the Lakers would be better off trying to reset. I also don’t follow the NBA that much admittedly.

I guess. But it’s not like having LeBron has done much for the Lakers in recent years. I know they won the bubble tournament, but that’s starting to look more like a fluke than anything. I can see the desire to re-sign him but at this point it feels like the Lakers would be better off trying to reset. I also don’t follow the NBA that much admittedly.
The lakers would’ve been a bottom third team this year without LeBron. He may not be able to carry a team to the finals solo anymore, but he can absolutely be a big part of a title winning team and has shown he can evolve his offensive game to be easier on his body and promote longevity.

Not to get too in the weeds here, but the lakers are also just screwed bc they gave up so much draft capital to land AD. Their FO also has a history of some horrid signings and FA decisions (several of which have kept them from being real contenders the last 2 years). If they punt on Lebron, they’d likely be resigning to a short term future of being very very bad. It would be in their best interest all around to do anything they can to resign him.

VN Store

Back