The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Years ago I bet a lot. It’s actually what got me into stats. I actually made my first bets in over 10 years this bowl season. My wife really got into it, granted we hit on most of them.
Also sounds crazy... but gambling on sports basically led me into my career. I enjoyed the statistics so much that I now do statistical forecasting professionally, just not on sports unfortunately. Not as lucrative

Also sounds crazy... but gambling on sports basically led me into my career. I enjoyed the statistics so much that I now do statistical forecasting professionally, just not on sports unfortunately. Not as lucrative

Wow I’m surprised you were able to stay away from betting for that long then

Wow I’m surprised you were able to stay away from betting for that long then
I wagered online one time in the early years of betting online. I bet on Mosley to beat the Golden Boy. Won and before I could collect the website disappeared. Never indulged again. Probably much more regulated and safer now.

Her winning percentage so far this year alone is still higher than CRB's W/P at every school that he's coached... G Mason, Providence, Clemson, Texas, and TN.

Her winning percentage so far this year alone is still higher than CRB's W/P at every school that he's coached... G Mason, Providence, Clemson, Texas, and TN.

None of the schools Barnes coached at have the basketball reputation that the Lady Vols have.

Wouldn’t it be more fair to compare her winning percentage against coaches at Duke, UK, UNC, etc? Those are the blue bloods of men’s basketball who are getting similar recruiting classes.

And for the record her win percentage is lower than:
Calipari
Coach K
Roy Williams
Bill Self

A note from the Arkansas game the other night. I really enjoyed Philpott announcing the game and hope to see him work more of our broadcasts. Is he a Vols fan or is he just that impressed with us this year?

He actually made it bearable to have to listen to Fish.

Just read that he is from Columbia SC so probably a USCjr or Clemson fan.

Still, enjoyable listen...

VN Store

Back