The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

You haven't really been hammered yet. Still I don't see the need to disrespect our bench players. Calling guys like Walker hot garbage and JJ a definite miss and worthy of Mid Major status.
These guys could have hung it up and went the Mid Major route but they're sticking it out playing for one of the toughest coaches in the game. They deserve a little more patience and respect from our fans.
Sorry you feel picked on.
I'll admit "hot garbage" was a little over the top but saying someone lacks upper body strength (which he does) is not exactly dogging someone.

Upgraded to 27-4 on Teamrankings this morning. At this point I'm doubting 3 losses in SEC play. Knew it wouldn't be 5, but these guys got the IT this season.

Reactions: walkenvol
I was pretty disappointed and embarrassed by the vol fans that decided to berate Beth Mowins and resort to bush league name calling in the game thread last night.

Mods cleaned it up so kudos to them.
With winning, comes the jackasses. This place though has been really peaceful minus those ignorant comments. It’s Been really fun.

Money! *Bertelkamp voice*

You betting online?

I know a couple guys that sports bet full-time. They are purely mathematical about it. Both seem to earn a pretty good living.

You obviously seem mathematically inclined. Not something you ever looked into?

I was pretty disappointed and embarrassed by the vol fans that decided to berate Beth Mowins and resort to bush league name calling in the game thread last night.

No need for name calling, but she is unpleasant to hear IMO

No need for name calling, but she is unpleasant to hear IMO

Yah I don’t care if anyone likes her commentating or not.

We just had some knuckleheads come in who made it evident that their “problems” with Beth are actually some deep seeded personal problems of their own.

I know a couple guys that sports bet full-time. They are purely mathematical about it. Both seem to earn a pretty good living.

You obviously seem mathematically inclined. Not something you ever looked into?
Years ago I bet a lot. It’s actually what got me into stats. I actually made my first bets in over 10 years this bowl season. My wife really got into it, granted we hit on most of them.

Well, glad the content of this board isn't contingent upon your "caring".

The yah part of the sentence was intended to disarm you and make you aware that I wasn’t baselessly acussing anyone of sexism just because they personally dislike her commentary. But rather specifically around the rude comments as you had mentioned and agreed with.

Or you can flame me, also fine.

FTR, I agree it’s a pretty good thing the content isn’t based on my caring.

I agree. I don't care for her voice but I'm not going to act like she's the worst play by play person I've ever heard. She's not even close to my worst ESPN announcer. And the dude that said he refuses to listen to women talk about sports, go crawl back into your cave.

VN Store

Back