The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

I somewhat agree with your post but not the last sentence at all. He was expected to be our top big coming into the season and Barnes surely encouraged him to be aggressive. ON just needs to find smarter ways to be aggressive within the flow of the game.

ON's basketball IQ on offense needs improvement but it's not like his position is one that plays the game with no ball pressure. He faces up to the basket as much or more than he posts up. He gets the ball up top in the screen game a lot and is expected to make a good pass (something Uros is better at) or if he is closer in and has the opportunity then he is expected to drive the ball....a good defense will have guards cutting off his lanes or reaching in to slap at the ball on those drives.

When he does post up and goes to his shoulder facing the paint then he will have guards crashing down from behind or at an angle. He needs to keep the ball up higher and learn when to not dribble into a double team and kick it out instead but it's not completely unexpected for some turnovers to happen with a big who mostly plays going to the basket. I agree that he needs to be better there.

I think this injury will be a good thing for his development and he will get smarter by watching a bit and then playing over the summer, especially if it's for the Finland national team. I expect big things from him next year.....he has an NBA level blend of size, strength and athletic ability to go along with a good 3pt shot and turnaround jumper down low....can also hit midrange jumpers. He is also physical on D, blocks shots and rebounds very well....even over taller guys. If he puts it together he can be all SEC and a 2nd round or late 1st round draft pick.
No disrespect to him, but I hope ORN is somewhere else next year. BHH, Aidoo, Tamba and a transfer is my hope down low next season. Or JJJ if he comes back, or can. I cant keep up with who has another year and who doesnt.

No disrespect to him, but I hope ORN is somewhere else next year. BHH, Aidoo, Tamba and a transfer is my hope down low next season. Or JJJ if he comes back, or can. I cant keep up with who has another year and who doesnt.

JJJ can come back another 2 years if he wants. Only a true Junior. I disagree on the transfer....no need for one unless the staff is unsure about Tamba's ability or if BHH leaves....which he would be crazy to. He has no reason to transfer (part of why I kept lobbying 2-3 weeks ago for him to keep getting a few mins a game when others wanted rotation shrunk) and a 2 way NBA contract would be a bad move.

You know with ON that you have a guy who can at least play SEC ball and has potential to be really good. Transfers are really hit or miss....most thought Anosike was a surefire bet to be good and he did nothing and was gone the next year.

JJJ can come back another 2 years if he wants. Only a true Junior. I disagree on the transfer....no need for one unless the staff is unsure about Tamba's ability or if BHH leaves....which he would be crazy to. He has no reason to transfer (part of why I kept lobbying 2-3 weeks ago for him to keep getting a few mins a game when others wanted rotation shrunk) and a 2 way NBA contract would be a bad move.

You know with ON that you have a guy who can at least play SEC ball and has potential to be really good. Transfers are really hit or miss....most thought Anosike was a surefire bet to be good and he did nothing and was gone the next year.
EJ didnt have the size to play at this level

Also, you never know how quickly BHH or Aidoo progress. Anyone who watched the game today realizes how awful a take “I hope ON leaves” is. BHH and Aidoo have tons of potential, but are insanely soft rn. ON being above average in every facet of the game, especially defense, is a sure thing.

JP dropping some “news”. Anyone else know about this?

Attachments

• 65857F74-9415-4B59-A4EE-5A583A696D13.png
    65857F74-9415-4B59-A4EE-5A583A696D13.png
    332.9 KB · Views: 96
This. Coach K is an entitled sissy when it comes to non-conference road games and Pearl wouldn't bow and kiss the ring.

I'm glad to see him out of CBB. He's cheated massively and never gotten anything from it. Won't play road games. Taken years off when it was clear his team was in rebuild mode. Ripped Kentucky for 1 and done recruiting and then went and started doing it too. He's my most disliked non-Kentucky coach ever and that's saying a lot with my dislike of Dale Brown.

Sorry to break this up but are we last in the conf in 2pt FG % or last in NCAA. Mind blowing how bad we are at bunnies. We definitely rained the 3s though. Just so frustrating to watch our bigs miss close ones

Reactions: walkenvol
Not even as part of the ACC- Big10 challenge? Did he get them to do neutral sites for their games?

He won’t play home and home series, which is why college sports are fun. It’s either part of the ACC/Big 10 challenge or he plays neutral or only at home. I think Calipari has gotten to be the same way except for Louisville.

Another year wouldn’t hurt but if he gets a first round grade I don’t blame him for wanting to make more money
I think it depends where. His size will probably keep him from being a lottery pick, but if he's outside the top 10-15 range I could see him coming back to get there.

Found our FG % at 252 in ncaa

Attachments

• CC4C78C7-35BE-4549-BF80-437BFD40B0D0.png
    CC4C78C7-35BE-4549-BF80-437BFD40B0D0.png
    648.6 KB · Views: 10

VN Store

Back