The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Aidoo can shoot the mid-range and 3-ball with accuracy. Can also use either hand down low. This guy has some true skills.
Offensively, I believe (and I think the staff believes) BHH is the better player and more advanced option. It is everything else that is going to earn Aidoo playing time over him, though.

Offensively, I believe (and I think the staff believes) BHH is the better player and more advanced option. It is everything else that is going to earn Aidoo playing time over him, though.
Yes, at this point it would be because he’s had no real chances to polish his offensive skills in real-game situations. I think in the future he’s going to be really good offensively as well.

I’m not giving up on BHH long term. I think it remains to be seen whether he decides to stick it out or if he looks for greener pastures, but I have seen enough flashes from him throughout the season that I truly believe if he stays here with Barnes, he will be developed and will grow immensely.

He seems like a pretty solid kid who is willing to learn from everything I’ve read. All of his problems are fixable. I think him and Aidoo could both be great pieces for our future.

Gotta beat the teams we should and hopefully take advantage of 3 of our 4 toughest remaining games being at TBA.

Vandy
@ Missouri
@ Georgia

And then if we can go 2-2 or better in these 4 games

Kentucky
@ Arkansas
Auburn
Arkansas

If you win those first 3, and then go 2-2 in the next 4 you listed, that puts as at 22-8 entering the SEC tournament. You’d have to think that’s enough for a 3-seed.

Now do you believe me when I say this is a top 10 team? Or when I say play the Freshman? The ORN injury was a blessing in disguise.

No, it was not. Losing a starter is NOT a good thing. BHH still gave you next to nothing. Aidoo played well, but it’s one game and he still has a lot to learn. Losing ORN sucked. It still sucks. And, it wasn’t a blessing.

No, it was not. Losing a starter is NOT a good thing. BHH still gave you next to nothing. Aidoo played well, but it’s one game and he still has a lot to learn. Losing ORN sucked. It still sucks. And, it wasn’t a blessing.
Lol. ORN is a stretch 4 at best with a limited inside game. We also don't have his 2-3 stupid TO's a game now either. Barnes actually has to play big bodies that can bang now.

If you win those first 3, and then go 2-2 in the next 4 you listed, that puts as at 22-8 entering the SEC tournament. You’d have to think that’s enough for a 3-seed.

Yeah especially if one of those 2 is a win over Arkansas. Not sure Auburn is going to implode enough to lose many more and their schedule is pretty soft (we're that last ranked team left as of now). But yeah I think if we finish the season 5-2 we're getting the bye in the SECT

ORN: 21.5mpg, 8.6 ppg, 5.6 rbpg, 1.2 apg, 1.1 bpg

Aidoo/BHH: 27 minutes, 6 pts, 4 rbds, 0 assist, 0 blocks, 0 steals

Didn't even match ORN's production with the two freshmen despite them playing more minutes combined than ORN usually gets.

Lol. ORN is a stretch 4 at best with a limited inside game. We also don't have his 2-3 stupid TO's a game now either. Barnes actually has to play big bodies that can bang now.
I'm ON's biggest critic and even I can recognize that his loss isn't good. How you can even suggest that is beyond me.

He has limitations and can be frustrating to watch, but he's the most consistent post player in a room of inconsistent post players that we have.

I mean honestly we're not a "lights out" shooting team. Even on our best nights we're still missing 20+ shots. So a 5 that can offensive rebound and finish in traffic can score 3 or 4 buckets a night just on put backs.

I really wish we had landed Oscar Tshiebwe for this reason, of all the names in the portal before the season that was the one I really thought would have been a great fit for us.

We’re quickly becoming a lights out 3pt team, which offsets some cooler 2pt shooting, there’s a reason our EFG% continues to climb. Our bigs gotta finish better and we gotta convert some of those floaters, layups at the rim.

Honestly if Fulky had played this year anywhere near the previous 2 we'd probably be a 3 or 4 loss team right now.

1644511137883.png

Cause if he was good for 9+ a game with 5+ rebounds with the emergence of ORN as well we would have beaten Texas Tech and Texas and may have had a better shot to win @ LSU and against Nova. In 4 of our 5 losses where Fulky played he averaged 19mpg, 2.3ppg, 2.8 trbs, 2.0 tovs can't have that from a super senior.

I'm ON's biggest critic and even I can recognize that his loss isn't good. How you can even suggest that is beyond me.

He has limitations and can be frustrating to watch, but he's the most consistent post player in a room of inconsistent post players that we have.
Because he has the lowest ceiling.

Gotta beat the teams we should and hopefully take advantage of 3 of our 4 toughest remaining games being at TBA.

Vandy
@ Missouri
@ Georgia

And then if we can go 2-2 or better in these 4 games

Kentucky
@ Arkansas
Auburn
Arkansas
That’s it right there…have to take care of those 3, would likely mean 0 losses that aren’t Q1…and would set you up for some huge opportunities at home, can’t ask for more than that.

Trying to somehow spin it, ON injured will be what he goes to for why this team is actually playing well, ignore the last couple games obviously lol.

We’re quickly becoming a lights out 3pt team, which offsets some cooler 2pt shooting, there’s a reason our EFG% continues to climb. Our bigs gotta finish better and we gotta convert some of those floaters, layups at the rim.

I think part of the sauce is also the defense, last 3 games we've had at least 10 steals in every game. Prior our last game with 10 or more was @ Vandy. We only reached 10 steals once in our 6 losses, 10 against Bama.

He is the most consistent inconsistent post player in room of post players that are also consistent and inconsistent in their play

Reactions: gainesvol82

VN Store

Back