The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

4rbs in 12m for Aidoo, 0 in 15mins for BHH
I think BHH has more potential offensively but at this point I don’t think we’re counting on anything there. We really need a guy there who rebounds and plays solid D. Hopefully seeing a guy who’s been riding the bench all year potentially pass you will light a fire under BHH. Would be nice to see the competition elevate both of their play

I think BHH has more potential offensively but at this point I don’t think we’re counting on anything there. We really need a guy there who rebounds and plays solid D. Hopefully seeing a guy who’s been riding the bench all year potentially pass you will light a fire under BHH. Would be nice to see the competition elevate both of their play
I think Aidoo is more skilled and has more wnt to, than BHH

Chandler really impressed me. Road game in a tough place to win, and he played well and showed a ton of grit. I continue to believe that he will keep getting better and at the right time for this team
I have learned that there is small sliver of the fanbase that hates Chandler because he never passes to Powell. Some people are absolutely fed up with it and think Chandler sucks and can't wait til he's gone.

I think it could have been BHH last chance last night. Barnes started him as 1 final motivation tactic to see if it would ignite him and it still did not. I’ve got a feeling this could be the final straw on him for this year

I have learned that there is small sliver of the fanbase that hates Chandler because he never passes to Powell. Some people are absolutely fed up with it and think Chandler sucks and can't wait til he's gone.
Wow, that’s wild. Why are people so goofy?

I’m sure it’s like the UT Facebook audience or something but still

Adoo is very thin and was getting posted on deep in the paint a few times. Hopefully he’s got enough strength to battle for defensive position. Like what he adds as a rim protector
This is the only real critique I had after watching him last night. Hopefully just a case of inexperience and he makes an effort to not give up post position as easily… not exactly like he’s had anyone try and do that in practice.

Definitely could see the athleticism, not something we’ve had at the post position since Kyle Alexander. Should have a really bright future here

I don't think it can be overstated how big last night's win was. It might not be the biggest win from a resume standpoint, but it was huge for how we position ourselves now over this last SEC stretch. Don't slip up against Vandy, and if you can manage that the rest of the season feels a lot less stressful.

This is the only real critique I had after watching him last night. Hopefully just a case of inexperience and he makes an effort to not give up post position as easily… not exactly like he’s had anyone try and do that in practice.

Definitely could see the athleticism, not something we’ve had at the post position since Kyle Alexander. Should have a really bright future here
Those two posts for MSU are polished, strong, and experienced players. The fact he blocked that shot against one of them at the rim shows the value of length. They were going to push Aidoo around physically, but I thought he responded well in light of fishing in deeper waters.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
This sounds bad, but I’ve just seen enough…nothing makes me think he’s going to be a positive contributor this year for us…Fulk and Plav splitting minutes and give Aidoo BHH’s minutes. We played 10 guys the first 10 minutes, that was maddening, we won so whatever, but sheesh, now ain’t the time.
The constant subbing killed our offensive rhythm but probably helped us late as Miss St seemed to wear down. ZZs late game energy has been overwhelming opponents.

Aidoo going to see minutes tonight when the game isn’t in garbage time? Reports on his development have been few and far between. If he gets an opportunity hopefully he doesn’t try to do too much and simply makes a solid contribution.

Props, you definitely called this one right!

12 mins, 2 points, 4 rebounds

Also changed a few shots at the rim despite not getting any official blocks.

I think we'll see Aidoo rewarded with a start before the year is done.

I'm not out on BHH, just think he's taking a bit longer to adjust to SEC play. Early in the season against the lesser opponents he showed he belonged. Getting a taste of SEC play hopefully makes him realize how much more work he needs to do. Just gotta hope he has the same sort of fire to get better and compete that most of his teammates have.

Yup, made mention of this…our 5 at this point whoever it is should be focused on defense, rim protection, rebounding and garbage buckets.

I mean honestly we're not a "lights out" shooting team. Even on our best nights we're still missing 20+ shots. So a 5 that can offensive rebound and finish in traffic can score 3 or 4 buckets a night just on put backs.

I really wish we had landed Oscar Tshiebwe for this reason, of all the names in the portal before the season that was the one I really thought would have been a great fit for us.

VN Store

Back