The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Can see the fewer possessions the more volatile these Off/Def splits can become. This actually shows that having Powell and Bailey on the same time is the most efficient lineup. I think it's pretty clear here though that lineup 2 and 3 is preferable to 1. And I'd hope to see a shift in this especially as we go into the meat of our schedule. Bailey has had his chances.
View attachment 420445
One line that really stands out to me here is the lineup with both ZZ and ORN in at the same time. Looks like we used it a little against UNC and then a bunch against TN Tech. A game that ORN actually played really well in offensively. It was defensively that this lineup struggled.
Screenshot 2021-12-14 144846.jpg

Reactions: BruisedOrange
Victor Bailey playing over JP
Stay mad in April. Tennessee will never have a coach as good as Rick Barnes.
Rick Barnes will never make it past the Sweet 16.
If he couldn't do it with Kevin Durant, Admiral Schofield or Grant Williams.......... he isn't doing it with this bunch.

I would say it’s no coincidence that both of those guys have 3+ years with Barnes where as the guys who would replace them are in Year 1…not saying that’s the right move, and may very well be one of Barnes biggest faults is that he overvalued “trust” over actual production/potential at times.

Actually Uros has only been on campus for 31 months and has been eligible for 23 months. But you are correct. Barnes is including the guys with experience in all of the rotations. There are only 6 of them. SV, VJ, and JJJ outside and ORN, Fulk, and Uros inside.

Kennedy Chandler at No. 21. I wouldn't place money on it, but I do wonder if there is an outside shot that he returns for another year if he is a late first round pick? I guess the biggest "knock" is his size, which isn't going to change, so he probably is gone no matter what, but you do wonder.

Jeff Goodman’s 2022 NBA Mock Draft 1.0 - Stadium

He needs a nice NIL deal in order to come back. Hooker must have gotten something to come back. Give Kennedy twice that.

Kennedy Chandler at No. 21. I wouldn't place money on it, but I do wonder if there is an outside shot that he returns for another year if he is a late first round pick? I guess the biggest "knock" is his size, which isn't going to change, so he probably is gone no matter what, but you do wonder.

Jeff Goodman’s 2022 NBA Mock Draft 1.0 - Stadium
To me as long as you get a first round guarantee you never turn that down. Especially if you can end up in a good organization that can help you evolve as a player. Would love for him to come back for another year tho.

Hopefully the offense is there against Memphis...

At this point in the season my only real complaint is with all these shooters we got we're under 70% from the free throw line. Typically as a team we've been around 75%, we're also down about 6 attempts a game. So that's another 4-6 PPG we should be getting that we're not at this point.

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
Hopefully the offense is there against Memphis...

At this point in the season my only real complaint is with all these shooters we got we're under 70% from the free throw line. Typically as a team we've been around 75%, we're also down about 6 attempts a game. So that's another 4-6 PPG we should be getting that we're not at this point.
Yeah the attempts are more alarming to me than the %. Getting to the line consistently is the type of thing that could’ve won a game like TT. Gotta be able to have that to fall back on to get in rhythm when shots aren’t falling.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Yeah the attempts are more alarming to me than the %. Getting to the line consistently is the type of thing that could’ve won a game like TT. Gotta be able to have that to fall back on to get in rhythm when shots aren’t falling.
Agreed. Barnes mentioned after USC-Upstate that he knew they were going to be attempting less free throws this year if they were shooting more 3’s. Essentially conceded they would score less points from the FT line.

Reactions: berryvol

VN Store

Back