The Offical Jim Chaney Thread

His post shows more talent than yours.

Well I just read through all the posts you have made over the last few weeks which was rather quick and easy since you haven't had a post over eight words. I would be glad to compare my posts to yours and see who brings more to the table. All you do is tell people they know nothing about football and are not real fans anytime you see someone question the coaching staff. I love your stand by "I'm a fan whether we're 0-11 or 11-0" as if people that are unhappy about the lack of improvement are for some reason not really fans.

Agree 100%, I cringed when i saw the formation. I was hoping we were going to hand it off to the pass protector on the left side of Worley. You have to come away with points after that MO swing.

I felt the same, you have to score there if you want to win the game.

Well I just read through all the posts you have made over the last few weeks which was rather quick and easy since you haven't had a post over eight words. I would be glad to compare my posts to yours and see who brings more to the table. All you do is tell people they know nothing about football and are not real fans anytime you see someone question the coaching staff. I love your stand by "I'm a fan whether we're 0-11 or 11-0" as if people that are unhappy about the lack of improvement are for some reason not really fans.

Wow retaliation post? way to stay "classy" as you say.

For the most our fans are irrational idiots but Chaney's playcalling has sucked this year though. I can't for the life of me understand how he hasn't realised yet that poole doesn't have the speed to get to the edge. Every play we run wide with poole is basically a wasted down. The red zone calls have been beyond bad. I think chaney is struggling to run his offense within the limitations this team has currently.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Oh I see what it is now. Your butt hurt because I mocked you for your post saying you liked Dooley because he brought class and demanded "excellents" from his coaches and players. So your bandwagon comment was a retaliation post. Stay classy my friend.

So kicking JJ and montori off the team thats not demanding excellents? Thats not demanding them to do there jobs on and off the field. You also talk about not seeing any improvement since DD arrive. So I guess the return game is still horrible. Whens the last time we had two elite LB's like we have or the two WR's. oh no DD didn't recuit them did he. Now I could go on and on but pessimist like yourself will only see the bad. You call it excuses but facts are facts. We are playing with a few cards short of a full deck so why with a freshman QB would you think the OC could call everything he want to but I guess it was CJC fault that D. Rogers dropped that TD pass or when worley stared him down and they picked it off at the endzone. Im not saying he is the greatest OC in the nation but I have seen play after play where the oppertunity for success was there but the team failed to execute. You might see that as well if you weren't so worried about what to post during the game and actually watched it.

It isn't just Chaney. For years the Vols have been running that play where the back runs into a pile of the opposite team's players. It never works. They should remove that play from the playbooks.
Funny.

Yes, because if it's 3rd and 12, we need to put it on the shoulders of our proven leader at quarterback to make the play when the defense knows we're passing. Great point, man.

He did this with Tyler Bray and Justin Hunter in the game too.

I don't know if the problem is not having a SEC caliber back or the O-line, but these short yardage short comings must be addressed. I like Poole and he has showed flashes the last few years of being a SEC back and Marlin Lane is a year away from being a real threat running the ball. What I would like to see is Fugate with *Bartholemew* lead blocking in some short yardage situations and see if he can pick up a first down.

Chaney tries to be too cute on offense imo, & falls in love with the pass when Bray is playing. One thing that a great passing attack should open up is the running game. It's baffling.

Wow retaliation post? way to stay "classy" as you say.

No actually my post wasn't a retaliation post at all. It called the guy out for stupid crap he say's. You on the other hand called me a "bandwagon" fan which was baseless and totally ridiculous. I have watched usually in person every single game since 1968 even when we sucked worse then we do right now if that's even possible.

So kicking JJ and montori off the team thats not demanding excellents? Thats not demanding them to do there jobs on and off the field. You also talk about not seeing any improvement since DD arrive. So I guess the return game is still horrible. Whens the last time we had two elite LB's like we have or the two WR's. oh no DD didn't recuit them did he. Now I could go on and on but pessimist like yourself will only see the bad. You call it excuses but facts are facts. We are playing with a few cards short of a full deck so why with a freshman QB would you think the OC could call everything he want to but I guess it was CJC fault that D. Rogers dropped that TD pass or when worley stared him down and they picked it off at the endzone. Im not saying he is the greatest OC in the nation but I have seen play after play where the oppertunity for success was there but the team failed to execute. You might see that as well if you weren't so worried about what to post during the game and actually watched it.

No your right Dooley does demand "excellents".

I said from the very first post the return game is the one area of the team that has improved so at least get your story straight.

I'm not not a pessimist at all in fact that's my biggest complaint with Dooley. Excuses are for losers even valid ones. Just not a good thing for a coach to ever do. It sends the wrong message to the players so again get your story straight.

The pass that Worley threw right after we got the turnover that was intercepted in the endzone should have never been called. Chaney did the exact same thing last week at Alabama with the exact same result. He obviously shouldn't have thrown the ball but the call was the problem. You don't put the game in the hands of a true freshman starting his first game.

I watch every single play of every single game and know more about football then your little mind could possibly comprehend or spell. As far as posting during a game shockingly I can do more then one thing at a time.

Dooley had no choice but to throw JJ and Montori off the team, that wasn't him demanding "excellents".

btw, it's excellence not excellents nimrod

Last edited:
I just spent 5-10 minutes typing out a thread for #800 about respecting each other and whatnot, but it's not worth it. The animosity (that I'm also guilty of) is embarrassing.

The play calling for this game should have looked more like our 2007 team with Cut and Ainge. The majority of the throws he's asking these guys to make are NFL style throws. You can't do that without Bray in there. Worley can throw. You could see that last night. He was just called on to do too much. The pass to Da'rick and the 2 to Arnett were very nice. Too many go for broke home run balls.

I just spent 5-10 minutes typing out a thread for #800 about respecting each other and whatnot, but it's not worth it. The animosity (that I'm also guilty of) is embarrassing.

I know what you mean I say to myself every day I will not post on volnation again until I feel like I can do it without letting my emotions get the best of me. I try to post with good intentions but almost always seem to get in a conversation that turns me into a jackazz leaving me embarrassed at my actions. It's a conundrum for me. I may just have to give it until we're a better team.

Reactions: 1 person
Worley also looked like he had his mind made up where he was going with the ball soon as he got the snap. Rivera was open a few times

No your right Dooley does demand "excellents".

I said from the very first post the return game is the one area of the team that has improved so at least get your story straight.

I'm not not a pessimist at all in fact that's my biggest complaint with Dooley. Excuses are for losers even valid ones. Just not a good thing for a coach to ever do. It sends the wrong message to the players so again get your story straight.

The pass that Worley threw right after we got the turnover that was intercepted in the endzone should have never been called. Chaney did the exact same thing last week at Alabama with the exact same result. He obviously shouldn't have thrown the ball but the call was the problem. You don't put the game in the hands of a true freshman starting his first game.

I watch every single play of every single game and know more about football then your little mind could possibly comprehend or spell. As far as posting during a game shockingly I can do more then one thing at a time.

Dooley had no choice but to throw JJ and Montori off the team, that wasn't him demanding "excellents".

btw, it's excellence not excellents nimrod

If thats all you are saying is improved from when he came then no you obviously dont watch every single play and yes that is a shock.

Why not call that play you have momentium you just got a turnover and needed a score. Please offensive coordinator inlighten me on what you would have called.
They needed a spark the D had just got another turnover which if you were watching was improved from the previous games. Also that wasn't the game in the QB's hands there was almost a whole 4th quarter left. It's not the coaches fault that he can't see the field and throws into double coverage instead of checking it down.

What are these excuses that Dooley is giving everyone. Saying that the team isn't very good and that we can't execute plays sounds like he's calling it like it is.

My knowledge of football is in fact greater than yours and seeing that I have gotten under your skin and made you mad by your name calling and foul language only indicates that I have won this arguement thank you.

We lost 3 yards when we tried to "grind it out".

Yeah...that's because we tried to run left behind a true freshman LG and LT--when our right side is the strong running side...absolutely stupid call--but could have been overcome with another run or safer fade route...

I would have liked to have seen a reverse on that first play down there, or a bootleg pass--but I can only remember 1 attempt to throw a bootleg all year and that was a Simms miserable failure...:salute:

Why doesn't Channey just call a touchdown everytime he makes a call? Seems like we would do better if everytime he called a play it went for a touchdown. I don't know why he doesn't just call those instead of not touchdown plays.

I am just so tired of this board being divided into two groups: 1) Fans who claim 'patience' and that this is all about underclassmen and youth 2) "NegaVols".

Why isn't there room for people who see progress, think that Dooley and Wilcox are okay, but see obvious issues with Jim Chaney, the offensive line, the OL coach, etc. Chaney has not proven anything against SEC-caliber defenses, and his offense has regressed. It worries me that he NEEDS a top-5 national QB and top-5 national WR to have success. We certainly won't always have those options.

I am just so tired of this board being divided into two groups: 1) Fans who claim 'patience' and that this is all about underclassmen and youth 2) "NegaVols".

Why isn't there room for people who see progress, think that Dooley and Wilcox are okay, but see obvious issues with Jim Chaney, the offensive line, the OL coach, etc. Chaney has not proven anything against SEC-caliber defenses, and his offense has regressed. It worries me that he NEEDS a top-5 national QB and top-5 national WR to have success. We certainly won't always have those options.

Well a top 5 qb and wr. are what you need to compete in the SEC. I mean it makes the job easier.

Makes the job easier, sure. But NONE of the ranked SEC teams, outside of USCe have anything close to that right now (Jeffrey). So...

Well, when a the majority of your team is at or around sub par talent level, those game changers are a must have to compete. Bama LSU and the like have top 10 D's and top 20 or something O's. They are all the way around balanced. Right now our team has a less than stellar total product on the field.

Well, when a the majority of your team is at or around sub par talent level, those game changers are a must have to compete. Bama LSU and the like have top 10 D's and top 20 or something O's. They are all the way around balanced. Right now our team has a less than stellar total product on the field.

I'd say our defense is pretty freaking good, actually. With an offense who could sustain any sort of time of possession, they'd be perfectly fine.

This team has 'elite recruits' at nearly every position on offense, and while they ARE young, Chaney seems absolutely lost on how to best gameplan to use them. Even if you have to cut the playbook to 20 plays, you do it, and you just kick *ss on those 20 plays.

Chaney is not the pro-style, multiple offense answer. He's 1998 Purdue with an extra wrinkle or two. Not going to cut it.

VN Store

Back