The Offical Jim Chaney Thread

govols105

this is where all jim chaney complaints should be placed. one thing i don't like is chaney calls the same bleeping run plays over and over it's like Nintendo when one run works everytime. he is an idiot when it comes to running the ball. if you don't believe me go back to when he was at purdue and see how much of a running game they had. as far as the 2nd down pass play from the 3 yard line i thought neal or whoever it was quit on their route way too soon.GO VOLS!!

Last edited:
My problem is this.

3rd and long (12+)

Draw play. This'll totally catch them off guard--

Tackle for loss.

Oops. Punt.

Reactions: 1 person
Shut the hell up already, eh? We're heading in the right direction. Beating Alabama or LSU isn't necessary to evidence that fact. Stop your whining! GEEZ!!!

lol, this just keeps them all in one place instead of multiple threads. i ain't whining i am just saying the facts that chaney can't call running plays except the sweep reverse and the basic runs for which we can't block worth a plug nickel.

His game planning needs work. Get DY more involved. Kid is a player. Throw him the ball in the slot with screens and bubbles. Hell let him run some. The offense has zero play makers right now so a little creativity wouldn't hurt.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

The same runs over and over? You realize that you can run the ball to the same part of the line 10 or more times and have it look different from a blocking standpoint every single time, right? Just because you think a run looks the same as the last one, doesn't mean it is. This is why you don't get paid ridiculous sums of money to coordinate a college football offense.

The play that sticks out the most to me is 2nd goal from the 5 (after P Wag's int) and you line up in 4 wide's with a freshman qb and throw the dang ball, and of course we get intercepted. Even though our running game is not good, I feel that is a situation where you have to try to grind it out for the td.

Reactions: 2 people
The play that sticks out the most to me is 2nd goal from the 5 (after P Wag's int) and you line up in 4 wide's with a freshman qb and throw the dang ball, and of course we get intercepted. Even though our running game is not good, I feel that is a situation where you have to try to grind it out for the td.

We lost 3 yards when we tried to "grind it out".

Shut the hell up already, eh? We're heading in the right direction. Beating Alabama or LSU isn't necessary to evidence that fact. Stop your whining! GEEZ!!!

Excellent post very informative, however since it was only your 21st post ever one thing is obvious. Your young, lack experience and besides that your not very talented. Hell it's even possible you have some kind of injury.

CDD

I would rather lose another 9 yards and kick the field goal. I personally think that would be better than the INT followed by a 90+ yard scoring drive by the other team. That's just me though.

At the time, it wasn't a given that Worley was going to throw a pick. Why wouldn't you try to get a TD when you are five yards away?

At the time, it wasn't a given that Worley was going to throw a pick. Why wouldn't you try to get a TD when you are five yards away?
I don't disagree with trying to get a touchdown. I just don't think you should give up on trying run there. My last post was an "in retrospect" kind of post. I just don't think that was the best situation for a true freshman QB. I will also say that the SC player made a hell of a play on that ball as well.

I would have much rather thrown a fade out of a running formation then going 4 wide and throw it like we did. I wouldn't mind running out of the 4 wide set. Is it illegal to spread the defense out like that and run it? Just asking haven't seen it much. (sarc)

Oh wait that's what USCjr did at the goal line wasn't it. My bad

and as far as Chaney. Not a fan at all and I've stated my reasons over and over and over so I want do it again here.

Reactions: 3 people
Down near the goalline I would liked to have seen the playaction, Worley roll to the right and hit Fugate in the flat. I see that play work every weekend

Reactions: 2 people
Excellent post very informative, however since it was only your 21st post ever one thing is obvious. Your young, lack experience and besides that your not very talented. Hell it's even possible you have some kind of injury.

CDD

His post shows more talent than yours.

Down near the goalline I would liked to have seen the playaction, Worley roll to the right and hit Fugate in the flat. I see that play work every weekend

I thought we tried this play with Ben B and he whiffed on the pass. I can say that our offensive playcalling has been lacking. Although you cannot fault dropped passes on the OC. I do agree that we should have not called a short dump pass near the endzone. We should have been working on fade routes.

realstically when you have the ball at the 5 yard line you need to score a TD...
we're just not that good that we can let opportunities like that slip by

bc the run play on 1st down worked so well - USC's Defense is strong and was playing the run - a good play call - a bad QB read - if no one is open throw it away

all our speed with neal, young, arnett, lane...how about something safe for a freshman qb like some screens??

VN Store

Back