The Numbers Thread

Sitting at 0 commits today I'll predict we finish 8th in 2017 recruiting rankings. Probably a class of 20-21 again. Hopefully Gray is part of it. He could help at a couple different positions.

Bob Welton said this last week. First two classes were going to be huge, the third for depth, and finally a large fourth class.

Bob > Leb

We need a top 5 class in 17 to restock the talent that we will lose next year, we got to have a class like the 14 or 15 to keep the program headed in the right direction, i dont think losing Tee is a big deal we need DL and OL to keep this BIG ORANGE TRAIN ROLLING.:rock:

Leb already arguing numbers for '17? Hahahaha

Spoiler alert: He's going to argue that 20-25 number until next winter. Death, taxes, Leb arguing numbers.

Reactions: 5 people
Just an update post-signing day.

Total Scholarship players:85
By Position (Bolded are graduating or likely entering draft next year)
QB- 4 (Dobbs, Dormady, Jones, Guarantano)

RB-5 (Hurd, Kamara, Kelly, Young, Fils-aime)

WR-12 (Blanc, Croom, Smith, George, Malone, Jennings, Williams, Perry, Johnson, Henderson, Callaway, Williams)

OL-15 (Wiesman, Sanders, Kendrick, Thomas, Robertson, Raulerson, Mosely, Jones, Hall, Boulware, Richmond, Stewart, Johnson, Niehaus,Tatum)

TE-5 (Wolf, Johnson, Creamer, Brooks, Pope)

DL-14 (O'brien, Lewis, Vereen, Vickers, Barnett, Mixon, Johnson, Kongbo, Phillips, Tuttle, McKenzie, Picou, Taylor, Butcher)

LB-11 (Bynum, JRM, Berry, McDowell, Bates, Bryant, Kirkland, Smith, Sapp, Bituli,Blakely)

DB-15-(Sutton, Foreman, Berry, Kelly, Moseley, Martin, Henderson, Gaulden, Griffin, Abernathy, Miller, Osbourne, Buchanon, Byrd, Warrior)

SP-4 (Townsend,Daniel, Lovingood, Medley)

This is a really helpful list. Blair is not listed, but he is still on the official UT roster. Same for Stocstill. With 2017 being such a great class, it's looking like we will again limited in the numbers under the 85 limit. Seems like this will be the big topic over the next time period.

This is a really helpful list. Blair is not listed, but he is still on the official UT roster. Same for Stocstill. With 2017 being such a great class, it's looking like we will again limited in the numbers under the 85 limit. Seems like this will be the big topic over the next time period.

This is a good list:

My take:

According to list 14 players will be departing due to eligibility or leaving early. One other who might (Martin), so that leaves us 15 spots for next year.

May leave next year due to playing time: Raulerson, JJ and Creamer, but even that may be unlikely. So that leaves 18.

Others think 1 QB will leave, I doubt that will happen until next spring so I am not counting on that. I think each QB will think they can win the starting position for the following year. (19)

Is Young hurt, maybe one here. (20)

And finally would we have a couple one and dones? Kongbo and A Johnson. (22)

The count looks to be at 87 currently? Based on this assumption there is no way we would sign over 20?

Not even close IMO. We shall see.

This is a good list:

My take:

According to list 14 players will be departing due to eligibility or leaving early. One other who might (Martin), so that leaves us 15 spots for next year.

May leave next year due to playing time: Raulerson, JJ and Creamer, but even that may be unlikely. So that leaves 18.

Others think 1 QB will leave, I doubt that will happen until next spring so I am not counting on that. I think each QB will think they can win the starting position for the following year. (19)

Is Young hurt, maybe one here. (20)

And finally would we have a couple one and dones? Kongbo and A Johnson. (22)

The count looks to be at 87 currently? Based on this assumption there is no way we would sign over 20?

Not even close IMO. We shall see.

Some guys at the back of their rotation at their position will probably look to transfer. It happens every year. Guys that some of us really like will probably look to get playing time elsewhere. It's what happens on elite rosters. JMO, but I firmly believe we'll get 24-25 in the 2017 class.

VN Store

Back