The NHL thread (Buffalo, well at least you are not Cleveland)

where's my boy who was going on about Jordan Tootoo's offensive prowess at the end of last year?

yeah, that goon has really kicked it up a notch. 3 goals and 2 assists with a -7 P/M and 52 PIM? man, he's killing it this year.

I like Tootoo but you are right about him. He is popular for being a goon and he will never be an offensive leader. The train whistles at the Preds games are about like the "woo" in Rocky Top however.

i never can figure out why it's not more popular. to me, it's the best of it all.

you have the brutality of football combined with the footwork of soccer combined with the hand eye coordination of baseball. the only thing i don't think you can draw a similarity to is basketball.
Ya gotta put the biscuit in the basket.... :p

Ya gotta put the biscuit in the basket.... :p

i like it.

still haven't seen my boy Midfielder show up so we can talk more shop on Jordan Tutu.

also, anybody else keeping up with the Sean Avery comments right now?

Last edited:
i like it.

still haven't seen my boy Midfielder show up so we can talk more shop on Jordan Tutu.

also, anybody else keeping up with the Sean Avery comments right now?

Avery is no more than a sideshow bafoon. I wish the NHL would have the balls to suspend him for 20 games, but I think he'll only get 3 or 4.

Sidebar: I would not mind one bit having his sloppy seconds.

2006-05-22-Elisha.Cuthbert.HQ.17.jpg

rachel_hunter_2.jpg

Predators play host to the Avalanche tonight. No free tickets for tonight I don't reckon.

Getting better and better each game. He is really rounding out his game. Played very well tonight

yeah, his numbers on offense this year are stunning and his -7 +/- in 24 games is a great indicator of the stellar defense he and his line mates are playing.

plus, he's really contributing on the PP. what a great player he is.

yeah, his numbers on offense this year are stunning and his -7 +/- in 24 games is a great indicator of the stellar defense he and his line mates are playing.

plus, he's really contributing on the PP. what a great player he is.

to be fair, he did draw a 4 minute PP for his team by not dropping the gloves.

to be fair, he did draw a 4 minute PP for his team by not dropping the gloves.

i never denied the fact he was an agitator. in fact, that's what he does best.

it's your fellow Pred fan Midfielder10 who claims that he's becoming an offensive force and is on the team for more than his ability to get under the skin of the other team.

and for some some idiots in Nashville, his job is to put their butts in the seats.

he's not a terrible offensive player, but I wouldn't write him off completly.. he could be a 10 goal, 30 point guy if he keeps his head on straight and gets some decent linemates.

30 points?

let's not get carried away. i'll give you that he can score 10 goals, because he's done it, once. but he hasn't come anywhere close to 30 points in his career. in fact, the most he's had is 18 points. never once has he had double digit assists, and he'd need that to reach 30 points.

in 257 games, he only has 50 total points and let's not talk about his career -23 +/-.

hell, he can't stay healthy for a whole year. i'd recommend he focus on that first.

I'm not saying he will ever get there but that is his potential. He may very well not get another point this season or he may end up with 35. If he can continue his progress and get some consistent play from the likes of Vernon Fiddler, Scott Nichol, etc.. he may very well reach that potential.

Also, +/- is not the end all be all of stats. Our goaltending has been atrocious to awful this season, and you may get a - on a play where you played perfect defense.

no, +/- is an important stat.

he played on good teams and still had a negative plus/minus.

Last edited:
I haven't checked out what Avery did or said. I didn't know the guy had a thing for ladies fashion until a few months ago watching something on t.v.

I haven't checked out what Avery did or said. I didn't know the guy had a thing for ladies fashion until a few months ago watching something on t.v.

Yeah, he interned a Vogue I believe.. I wish the league would just give him the boot. I don't think Dallas wants him but he has 0 trade value, just like Koistinen has 0 trade value for the Predators.

I hope to see Klein and Peverley back in the lineup tonight, but for some reason I doubt it.

He made a "Sloppy Seconds" comment about Elisha Cutberth, dating another hockey player

Another shutout for Pekka Rinne, his 2nd in his last 3 games.

Preds win 1-0, have won 3 in a row.

VN Store

Back