The NHL thread (Buffalo, well at least you are not Cleveland)

off to the game, Ill try to get some pics up tm

You got to see what looks like it was gonna be a blowout turn out to be a really good game. It was a good game from the tv, I can only imagine how it was from the stands.

yeah it was awesome... i went in knowing hardly anything about hockey and learned quite a bit.. its ridiculous how many hits there are that dont even make it on tv.. lots of action, fast play, hard hitting... count me in!!

Huge hockey fan here. I buy the Center Ice package every year. I've been a fan of the Boston Bruins for years. I have to admit, it's one of my favorite sports.

Hey I freaking hate NASCAR and NBA but I'm not bashing it. Besides UT does have a hockey team after all...

I also enjoy soccer too :)

it's a club team. the only school in the south to have a NCAA hockey team is the University of Alabama in Huntsville. only reason I know this is bc that's where i went to school. Not to rub it in your face or anything but UAH beat UT 13-0 Friday nite

ya i could care less. i think during the 5 yrs i went to school there and the 2 yrs since i've grad. i've been to a handful of games. extremely boring

ya i could care less. i think during the 5 yrs i went to school there and the 2 yrs since i've grad. i've been to a handful of games. extremely boring

It might be extremely boring to those who don't have enough mental capacity to figure out what's going on.

Probably late notice, but tonight is tennessee night at the Capitals vs. Thrashers game here in DC. After the game the UT alums are taking on the Vandy alums in a game of broomball on the ice. Thought I'd pass it on in case anyone else lives in the area and wants to check it out. (Pre-game happy hour at the greene turtle with DCVol alum assoc.)

1) correction, it was the predators
2) I'm embarrassed to say there were far more vandy alums than UT alums and I'm sad

big win last night for the Preds.. Pekka Rinne with his first NHL shutout in his 8th game. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come for this young man.

Huge hockey fan here. I buy the Center Ice package every year. I've been a fan of the Boston Bruins for years. I have to admit, it's one of my favorite sports.

One of my best friends fathers played for the Bruins. Nelson Leclaire, from what I was told he was an enforcer, had all the scars and a crooked nose to prove it.

The NHL . . . what they show on Versus in between Bull Riding.

The Preds need offense bad. Losing Radulov was a killer for them. Much like the Vols football team their defense is good but the offense stinks.

where's my boy Midfileder10 who was going on about Jordan Tootoo's offensive prowess at the end of last year?

yeah, that goon has really kicked it up a notch. 3 goals and 2 assists with a -7 +/- and 52 PIM? man, he's killing it this year.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back