The new strength and conditioning coach..

Dave Lawson has been with Butch for a long time. Butch trusts Dave and no one on the team will be able to get away with the crap that Dooley let happen. There will be no mouthing off to the strength coach, or any coach on this team. Butch is going to have to remove a number of players to make room for 25 recruits this signing class and I believe it will start with the guys who can't handle the strength training. This is going to interesting to watch. I'm just gonna hide and watch this unfold--should be fun.:):)

I believe it now, because I think the players got tired of playing for the previous staff.

CBJ revitalized them.

I believe this to be partly true. I am sure there are some that were upset when Dooley left. However, I think CBJ will have them believing and working. I wish for the best. Go Big Orange!

Butch is going to have to remove a number of players to make room for 25 recruits this signing class and I believe it will start with the guys who can't handle the strength training.

How many do you think will be removed?

oddly enough, i work with a guy who just told me on wednesday that his cousin is Dave Lawson's wife (yeah i know; one of those deals lol) but anyways he told me that Dave is well known for his ability to get the most out of the players with his workouts and that he has turned down some really good opportunities with other programs to stay with
CBJ.....so that was encouraging to hear even tho i know it's not like a big story or anything....so i guess we'll just see what we look like come spring....

I think we should put Sal through the workout as well even tho he's at Florida now; there is still limited space on the sidelines with that cow...

Go Vols

Reactions: 1 person
I'm not dawging on Ron Mckeefrey or the job he done, but speed is the one area i didn't see any improvement on this past team. They looked better and in shape but it didn't show on the field. D.Young was a prime example. I was really excited in seeing how he would do in the preseason, but he didn't impress me much with his speed. Let's hope these players can improve in that area. God knows our Defense can use it.

Some of that may be attributed to Dooley's obsession with getting bigger. We got bigger across the board but also got slower. We now have legit sized SEC players, now time to focus on speed.

Johnny is a 4.53 guy... if we don't have plenty of those then we are in deep trouble.

He plays a lot faster than that. I'll be surprised if he's not timed at the NFL combine when he gets there at sub 4.5 or even 4.4.

There are several youtube vids of the strength and conditioning coach. CBJ likes his teams to wear the opponent down mentally and physically and the team doesn't have a let down in the 4th as a result of the strength coach. Sounds very welcoming. The guys last year always looked tired in the 4th and never really had a comback.

There are several youtube vids of the strength and conditioning coach. CBJ likes his teams to wear the opponent down mentally and physically and the team doesn't have a let down in the 4th as a result of the strength coach. Sounds very welcoming. The guys last year always looked tired in the 4th and never really had a comback.

+1 Infact they had some games they competed well in only to lose in the 4th qtr, UGA, Fl, Mizzou, SC. Naturally this is a "big deal" in football!

I heard that the new strength coach is PeeWee Herman. The Vols wanted someone who can show how to grip the football.

VN Store

Back