The needles moves - the wrong way

Exactly...given the names being tossed around for staff, I wouldn't be surprised to see some pretty big names flip to UT on signing day.

Jacob Copeland 🐐
@JCope1era
Tennessee is officially one of my TOP selected schools that I'll highly be looking into. 🍊✊🏾 #DOM1N8
1:41 PM - Dec 7, 2017

Jacob Copeland 🐐
@JCope1era
Coach Pruitt is one of the realist coaches I have met throughout the process honestly. 🤷🏾*♂️💯
1:47 PM - Dec 7, 2017

Can only go forward. Pruitt is Proven as a recruiter.

Just hope he can pull of something good before sign day.
Butch seemed to recruit pretty well. I think recruiting rankings were created by sports media to be a talking point and, while worthy of consideration, aren't as important as other qualities. But Idk

I hope he hits it out of the park but, personally, I'm so done w/ poke 'n hope coaches coming to the Hill.

I wish we could get this stranglehold off that keeps us having to get creative about why we're happy to have the "new" coach. (Haslam)

I'd really like to know why Dean decommitted. The timing is not encouraging.

Reactions: 1 person
Butch seemed to recruit pretty well. I think recruiting rankings were created by sports media to be a talking point and, while worthy of consideration, aren't as important as other qualities. But Idk

I hope he hits it out of the park but, personally, I'm so done w/ poke 'n hope coaches coming to the Hill.

I wish we could get this stranglehold off that keeps us having to get creative about why we're happy to have the "new" coach. (Haslam)

I'd really like to know why Dean decommitted. The timing is not encouraging.

No one wanted to hear this at the time, but his higher ranked classes had a higher number of recruits (30ish) in them that artificially increased the ranking.

I think we had a head coach who was perceived as a players' coach, at least by players. People who gravitate to that sort of coach are probably not going to be drawn towards a disciplinarian at a program that is talking about rebuilding. You can be the hardass at Bama because kids will cut off a nut to play there. You cannot do that schtick at Tennessee. I'm sure Pruitt knows that and will temper his demeanor to fit the situation but elite prospects are going to have to see it. I wrote the 2018 class off weeks ago as I think it was going to take a Gruden-sized miracle to salvage it

I think we had a head coach who was perceived as a players' coach, at least by players. People who gravitate to that sort of coach are probably not going to be drawn towards a disciplinarian at a program that is talking about rebuilding. You can be the hardass at Bama because kids will cut off a nut to play there. You cannot do that schtick at Tennessee. I'm sure Pruitt knows that and will temper his demeanor to fit the situation but elite prospects are going to have to see it. I wrote the 2018 class off weeks ago as I think it was going to take a Gruden-sized miracle to salvage it

But I thought Pruitt was a players coach? Are you saying he isn't?

I'm willing to be wrong on this but after the first two yrs I got the notion that Butch was promising things to recruits he couldn't produce once they got here...snake oil, if you will. Pruitt does have the resume to garner attention without that, Butch didn't.

With the staff that is reported to be coming, I wouldn't be surprised to see us make a pretty big surge for 2018.

VN Store

Back