The needles moves - the wrong way

But he'll be on that thar tv box thing fighting for Bama!

That will get lowly UT all the recruits!!! :crazy:

Reactions: 2 people
Can only go forward. Pruitt is Proven as a recruiter.

Just hope he can pull of something good before sign day.

That is a little surprising since he was considering taking a visit to Alabama before Pruitt was hired by Tennessee. I don't think Pruitt gives up on him. This is one example of why Pruitt doesn't need to be coaching in the playoff. It is very likely that he will be confronted with recruits who are considering both Alabama and Tennessee. How does he navigate that while helping Alabama win a National Championship?

Reactions: 1 person
Definitely just a case of a kid wanted to have a "clean slate" recruitment. Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up with us.

Reactions: 3 people
We will lose some and gain equal or better. No worries

We already lost a few along the way anyway. Funny how people talk about change being a good thing; but at the personal level, few seem comfortable with it - including recruits.

Now let's be looking forward to the new Pruitt recruits who want to play real football instead of Butch league ball.

Pruitt and Bama have slow-played him the whole process, despite his obvious interest in Bama.

This really isn't all that surprising. But I also wouldn't be the least bit shocked if we make a serious move for Jaycee Horn again, given how he was target by Pruitt at Bama.

But he'll be on that thar tv box thing fighting for Bama!

That will get lowly UT all the recruits!!! :crazy:

Yeah because losing a commitment from a guy that was recruited by Butch and staff proves your point :dry:

Can only go forward. Pruitt is Proven as a recruiter.

Just hope he can pull of something good before sign day.

I've been following recruiting for 10years .We just hired the best in the business....

We will see transfers and decommits. Could be some want to be rerecruited while some may be told they don't fit what we are looking for. Remember, this is a Jones class, and it's going to be transitioned into a Pruitt class. The sooner we get a Pruitt roster in place the better.

It's not surprising considering our last 25 days. Pretty amazing it didn't end up worse tbh. Pruitt will have opportunity to reel them back in and I think he will. He may be able to flip a few now from other schools as well.

Reactions: 4 people
That is a little surprising since he was considering taking a visit to Alabama before Pruitt was hired by Tennessee. I don't think Pruitt gives up on him. This is one example of why Pruitt doesn't need to be coaching in the playoff. It is very likely that he will be confronted with recruits who are considering both Alabama and Tennessee. How does he navigate that while helping Alabama win a National Championship?

He helped get them there, that is s personal goal. It's not fair to leave his team at such a critical time and he is committed to what he started. Like it or not, Bamas season ain't over. Ours is. In the meantime, he can focus on staff and recruiting for UT

Reactions: 4 people

Early signing seemed like a great idea before the collision of signing day and bowls and playoffs. Several teams are going to be the first victims of the new strategy, and others will be seeing the "there but for the grace of God go I" thing.

The early signing period might be a one hit wonder with some one time victims; if not, we'll probably be licking our chops at others' misfortunes over the next few years. Artificial time barriers do get in the way of shuffling coaches and recruits when the playing's done, and it won't do anyone any favors if the barriers force bad decisions.

Definitely just a case of a kid wanted to have a "clean slate" recruitment. Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up with us.

With the musical chairs of coaching going on in the SEC I don't blame the kid. Almost all schools on his list have completely overhauled their staff....Best to leave things open and see what everyone has to offer.

Guys, don't freak out about decommits. You're going to have a bunch of them. It's just what happens during a transition. It's the unknown quantity factor combined with the lack of relationship with members of the new staff that will drive it. It's an inevitable result of a coaching change during this stage of the recruiting cycle.

Reactions: 2 people
Yeah...it kinda sucks. A Big Ten friend of mine (Illini fan..lol) texted me about Pruitt and I responded.."He's a great recruiter"...then a few minutes later he texts me the story about this de-commitment as an attempt at a jab. I said "don't worry about it...worry about your 1-11 Illini and paying Lovie Smith all that money for nothing". Hah. Haven't heard back.

It's not surprising considering our last 25 days. Pretty amazing it didn't end up worse tbh. Pruitt will have opportunity to reel them back in and I think he will. He may be able to flip a few now from other schools as well.

He's the real deal from what I've read about him.

Quite the salesman in the livingroom.

VN Store

Back