The more I watch Bama beat UGA and UF

Meh, Nick Saban is the difference maker. He's truly a once in a generation coach that just happens to be the HC for Bama.

I remember when we used to own Bama, and when Bama owned us before that, and so on and so forth. We just need our 2nd coming of General Neyland.

Meh, Nick Saban is the difference maker. He's truly a once in a generation coach that just happens to be the HC for Bama.

I remember when we used to own Bama, and when Bama owned us before that, and so on and so forth. We just need our 2nd coming of General Neyland.

I think Bama probably gained about 4 more five star recruits tonight.

I think Bama probably gained about 4 more five star recruits tonight.

I have a long time friend who's family have been donors at Bama for decades. I went to a Bama game at BD a few years ago and the number of visiting recruits was far greater than was allowed by rule.

Along with their families, the recruits started on the 35 of the home side of the field, extended all the way down to the opposite end zone, then all the way up to 50 on the visitor's side. They were there on their own dime, hoping to get any exposure they could. I've never seen anything like it.

I don't "worship" Saban, but I do try to be objective. Saban has created nothing less than a dynasty at Bama, and he doesn't seem to be eyeing retirement anytime soon.

Last edited:
I have a long time friend who's family have been donors at Bama for decades. I went to a Bama game at BD a few years ago and the number of visiting recruits was far greater than was allowed by rule.

Along with their family's, the recruits started on the 35 of the home side of the field, extended all the way down to the opposite end zone, then all the way up to 50 on the visitor's side. They were there on their own dime, hoping to get any exposure they could. I've never seen anything like it.

I don't "worship" Saban, but I do try to be objective. Saban has created nothing less than a dynasty at Bama, and he doesn't seem to eyeing retirement anytime soon.

How many recruits are allowed per game? I looked but could not find anything.

I agree with you but that genie is out of the bottle so to speak. College football tradition doesn't mean anything and hasn't for a long while now.

Sadly, that's true. For one, Rivalry Saturday was always the Saturday before Thanksgiving. I sure miss that vibe but as time moves on, traditions change.

Can't believe UGA screwed the pooch again but then again, it's UGA. My bet is Georgia will lose to Cincinnati in the CFP. I'm rooting for the Bearcats all the way.

Sadly, that's true. For one, Rivalry Saturday was always the Saturday before Thanksgiving. I sure miss that vibe but as time moves on, traditions change.

Can't believe UGA screwed the pooch again but then again, it's UGA. My bet is Georgia will lose to Cincinnati in the CFP. I'm rooting for the Bearcats all the way.

Yep, same here, I been pulling for Cincy to get in for several weeks now. But my gut tells me Georgia is getting a gift if that's the match up they end up with. I'm not waving any SEC flag. I hope Alabama and Georgia both get punched in the mouth.

the more I think how fortunate those two teams are
not having Bama on a yearly schedule.
Has UGA or UF ever played BAMA during the regular
season and then won the SECE ?

Yes.

1999, 2006. Also played them in 1990 and 1991 when having the best record in the SEC/being SEC champ before divisional play.

But, as been said numerous times, beat Florida and Georgia.

Tennessee beats Florida and Georgia, they'll be in Atlanta.

And beyond that, I'm tired of some posters (not all) complaining about this. It's YOUR rivalry. The schedule and divisional alignment is messed up to protect and preserve your rivalry.

In other words, you (Tennessee) wanted this.

Reactions: Raebo

VN Store

Back