The more I watch Bama beat UGA and UF

Playing Bama was fine back in the day when both of us were traditional powers. Here is what playing Bama does for us now: We start the season 0-1 and will until Saban is gone! We may lose key players and more games after playing Bama! We never get any consistency because we play Bama! We fire our coach every few years because we can't beat Vandy or Kentucky because we played Bama! We can't hire that veteran coach because our expectations are too high and he sees we play Bama every year even though we don't "have to". There will come a day when we beat UGA and UF, and lose to Bama....oh wait, that already happened in 2016. After losing to Bama, we lost to both USC and Vandy, but it will happen again. You know who we will play if we win the East? Most likely Bama. Would you rather play them during the year, or in Atlanta? I'd rather play them in Atlanta and playing them every year makes it less likely we will ever play them in Atlanta. What if we had an awesome year and beat them in October, but they still made it to Atlanta? Man, I'd hate to be on the UT team. Saban in a revenge matchup would be an ass whipping unlike any ever seen in the history of college football! Look what his team did today. I'm sure he had no trouble firing his underdog team up for this one. I guess Kirby forgot to give them Herb Brooks talk before the USA Hockey team played Finland after beating the USSR. "Lose this game and you'll regret it for the rest of your F!#@#%$ing lives. The rest of your F!#$%ing lives! Forget the beat the best to be the best crap. We may very well never get our opportunity to beat the best when it matters if we play them when it really doesn't. We play plenty of excellent teams. We ended up losing to the top 3 teams in the conference and UF was good before they played Bama and almost beat them. We lost to Pitt who is in the ACC Championship game. We have enough trouble beating bad UF teams even when we are better than them mainly because of the early date with them. Our seasons would be much better without them on the schedule every year. It's not fair to the team to subject them to this hopeless contest. We drop them, we can win the east and get better players too. You win, you get better players. You lose, you don't. Why do so many people like to complain about losing, yet insist we play a team we don't have to play when the good ole days are over? Everybody is good now. We don't need the abuse any longer if we are ever going to get better. We may become good enough to beat them if we quit playing them every year. If the "traditionalists" would open their eyes to the current state of affairs maybe you'd see that when a kid gets recruited by UT, and Bama, it would be nice if our coach could say we haven't played them in a couple of years, but we plan on winning the East with you on board and playing them in Atlanta. Instead they get a Bama coach telling them they don't want to go to the school they boat race every year. It's kind of like the definition of insanity that gets preached so frequently.

Last edited:
Reactions: JK Vol
UGA losing to Bama was all but in the books before the game so the SEC gets 2 teams in the playoffs . I hate Bama and UGA is the better team by 100 % but UGA is gonna do what they are to to do by the SEC Boss . Bama is a bunch of cheating piles of đź’©

UGA losing to Bama was all but in the books before the game so the SEC gets 2 teams in the playoffs . I hate Bama and UGA is the better team by 100 % but UGA is gonna do what they are to to do by the SEC Boss . Bama is a bunch of cheating piles of đź’©

Unless UGA was in on it, I see no evidence of a conspiracy. I don't remember Bama getting a friendly whistle in this one.

We should kick the Alabama game to the curb. It does us no good a automatic loss every year.

I hate that we play Bama every year. Hate it. I’m an older Tennessee fan and I know all the old guys say “But it’s our most important rivalry” blah, blah, blah.

Maybe over rated for someone I assuming lives in abingdon va but for someone that lives 20 minutes from Alabama state line near chattanooga it means alot.
It’s not been competitive for about 15 years. Plus it creates competitive advantages or disadvantages with the teams in one particular division. Games against the other division teams should be cycled evenly. Your main rivalry’s should be against teams in your own division.

Unless UGA was in on it, I see no evidence of a conspiracy. I don't remember Bama getting a friendly whistle in this one.

I'm right there with you on this one.

For once, if anything Bama was on the bad side of a few questionable calls on PI.

I will defer to our good friend Occam on this one. Georgia simply got whipped on both sides of the ball.

Just put them in the POD system and start over when Texas and OU come to town then beat Bammmer in the SECG...

It’s not been competitive for about 15 years. Plus it creates competitive advantages or disadvantages with the teams in one particular division. Games against the other division teams should be cycled evenly. Your main rivalry’s should be against teams in your own division.
Well then in my opinion put UT and Bama in same division then. It's not about advantages or disadvantages, its about not playing p____y football. To claim to be the best you have to play with the best instead of running from it. Just my opinion brother. I came out of my mother's womb loving the vols and pulling for the team bama is playing for the day. My father made sure.

Well then in my opinion put UT and Bama in same division then. It's not about advantages or disadvantages, its about not playing p____y football. To claim to be the best you have to play with the best instead of running from it. Just my opinion brother. I came out of my mother's womb loving the vols and pulling for the team bama is playing for the day. My father made sure.
Yeah I’ve heard that before from a few people on VN. We are still at a competitive disadvantage within the division when we play Alabama every year and Georgia/Florida do not. The schedule is not fair or even in that regards over the complete cycle or rotation between the conferences. The number one priority should be a fair schedule within the division.

Sadly, that's true. For one, Rivalry Saturday was always the Saturday before Thanksgiving. I sure miss that vibe but as time moves on, traditions change.

Can't believe UGA screwed the pooch again but then again, it's UGA. My bet is Georgia will lose to Cincinnati in the CFP. I'm rooting for the Bearcats all the way.
I think it ends up like this, assuming Michigan wins:

1 Alabama
2 Michigan
3 Georgia
4 Cincinnati

Yeah I’ve heard that before from a few people on VN. We are still at a competitive disadvantage within the division when we play Alabama every year and Georgia/Florida do not. The schedule is not fair or even in that regards over the complete cycle or rotation between the conferences. The number one priority should be a fair schedule within the division.
Bama plays lsu and Auburn. Texas am and now ole miss. Which is historically bad but now they're top 10. Were you around in the 90s when Bama was bottom of barrel? It's a cycle. I agree it's a grind but can't be a p__y and run from Bama.

Assuming the conferences realign with Oklahoma and Texas, who is your preferred replacement to replace Bama with?

I believe Oklahoma and Texas are going to the West as is Missouri. Alabama and Auburn are coming to the East.

So, it will all be moot.

Reactions: kcvols1

VN Store

Back