The meltdown that is happening on the Vandy message boards

Post from a guy on Vandy's 247 message board regarding Mason's future:

I wonder what Mason's buyout is. There's very little chance someone pays his buyout simply to hire him as a DC. So he will either have to resign and forfeit the buyout or hang around until he gets fired, which apparently may never happen.

Interesting scenario. I'm sure the money and "control" of being a HC of any program is nice, but if Mason knows he's in over his head, he might be willing to just forgo the buyout money and get back to being a DC.

LOL this is amazing. Vandy wants to keep a guy so bad that even HE thinks he's a bad fit for the job.

Reactions: 5 people
Vandymaniac87 with this gem. (talking about us)

Offensively they stink at stopping the run and we excel at that. Defensively they can not pass the ball well and we saw this past weekend that we can stop top shelf RB.

bro, do you even football?

but I would agree, our offense can not stop the run, and our defense can't throw for crap. Doomed we are, doomed!

Reactions: 6 people
Reactions: 1 person
Saw they were pretty giddy over our loss on Saturday. I guess we felt the same way when they got curb stomped by Temple. So what's good for the goose and all.

Their threads make no sense over there. Them talking about Alvin Kamara being hurt is almost as long as the one on Webb being hurt. they have zero threads on how good the win vs UGA was. but at least two that go on about our loss and how it is good to see us eat s**t.

Their threads make no sense over there. Them talking about Alvin Kamara being hurt is almost as long as the one on Webb being hurt. they have zero threads on how good the win vs UGA was. but at least two that go on about our loss and how it is good to see us eat s**t.

That's because they are back to Same 'Ol Vandy.

Vandymaniac87 with this gem. (talking about us)

bro, do you even football?

but I would agree, our offense can not stop the run, and our defense can't throw for crap. Doomed we are, doomed!

Yeah, this is great. If only Barnett could complete some passes, then maybe we'd have a shot at the natty.

That's because they are back to Same 'Ol Vandy.

There were a few threads over there about our blowout loss. I swear they got more satisfaction over UT losing to the #1 team in the country than they did upsetting UGA with almost no offense to speak of. After their game I thought way to go Vandy it's been a little while since you've won, and they I visited their board after the UT game and remember why I hate them.

Reactions: 3 people
Mason beating Georgia pretty much guarantees that he won't get fired this season. So now they're stuck with Mr. 3-9/4-8 for another year or two no matter what.

There were a few threads over there about our blowout loss. I swear they got more satisfaction over UT losing to the #1 team in the country than they did upsetting UGA with almost no offense to speak of. After their game I thought way to go Vandy it's been a little while since you've won, and they I visited their board after the UT game and remember why I hate them.

My guess is even they know them beating Georgia says more about how bad Georgia is (or at least how badly they played) more than it says they're any good.

If Georgia had rolled in undefeated or at least had beaten us and only had 1 loss, and they had beaten UK at least, they'd probably be more into it.

My guess is even they know them beating Georgia says more about how bad Georgia is (or at least how badly they played) more than it says they're any good.

If Georgia had rolled in undefeated or at least had beaten us and only had 1 loss, and they had beaten UK at least, they'd probably be more into it.

However, it hasn't stopped some of the ignorant in our own fan base from freaking straight the eff out over Vandy and calling it one of the toughest games we have left.

Vandy is SOV and even sun shines on a dog's backside every so often. 99 out of 100 games, UGA wins. One single boneheaded play at the end cost them.

Mason beating Georgia pretty much guarantees that he won't get fired this season. So now they're stuck with Mr. 3-9/4-8 for another year or two no matter what.

This is exactly right. Not only will Vandy keep Mason, but who doesn't like to see Georgia lose to a team like Vandy? What's funny is that before the UGA game there were multiple threads about who should replace Mason. Now Mason is the next Vince Lombardi once again. Not that our fans don't do the same exact thing. I'll give credit where it's due though... Mason finding a way to win in Athens with 171 yards of total offense compared to Georgia's 421.

However, it hasn't stopped some of the ignorant in our own fan base from freaking straight the eff out over Vandy and calling it one of the toughest games we have left.

Vandy is SOV and even sun shines on a dog's backside every so often. 99 out of 100 games, UGA wins. One single boneheaded play at the end cost them.

Happens every year, well at least the last 5-6 years. Pepole around here freak out about playing VU and UK (not so much this year though) and it's hilarious.

All because Jimmy Frank won 2 of 3 against 3 of the worst UT teams in modern history, and UK won once against one of the same teams.

You have to admit though, and maybe it's just me, despite the boneheaded play it was still a great tackle by the Vandy player that solidified the win.

Because we lost to two top 10 teams, including the team that is far and away the best in the country (while being decimated with injuries), Vandy fans now think they can hang with us and in fact say that the game will be 50/50. Same with UK and South Carolina fans. I'm sure Mizzou fans also think they can beat us, but their forum is so crappy I can't bear to read it.

There's just absolutely no sense of perspective or context with these idiots. It's not like we got blasted by a mediocre Arkansas and lost to Mississippi State on the road or something. We lost to arguably the top two teams in the SEC, and now we're overrated and a much closer game for their talentless teams.

You have to admit though, and maybe it's just me, despite the boneheaded play it was still a great tackle by the Vandy player that solidified the win.

It certainly was a good stop. Still doesn't excuse the fact they didn't go to either of their premier backs. Huge coaching error, really.

It certainly was a good stop. Still doesn't excuse the fact they didn't go to either of their premier backs. Huge coaching error, really.

It wasn't an error, it was Chaney. Nothing like being 3rd and goal at the 1 and running a double reverse to the tight end or some nonsense like that. Drove us nuts here, drove Arky fans crazy and now UGA gets to experience his brilliance. Gift that keeps on giving.lol

It was an idiotic coaching move. No way Chubbs would have been stopped by that tackle for no gain.

They should extend Mason's contract and give him a raise and impose big hefty buys outs!!! Hey he's earned it after the GA win!

It wasn't an error, it was Chaney. Nothing like being 3rd and goal at the 1 and running a double reverse to the tight end or some nonsense like that. Drove us nuts here, drove Arky fans crazy and now UGA gets to experience his brilliance. Gift that keeps on giving.lol

Chaney also averaged about 38 points a game with one of the best offenses the SEC has ever seen in modern history talent wise while here. Most of us would kill to have him over Debord calling plays.

Chaney also averaged about 38 points a game with one of the best offenses the SEC has ever seen in modern history talent wise while here. Most of us would kill to have him over Debord calling plays.

DeBord's offense put up 35 ppg in 2015 and 30 ppg so far in 2016. Also, the defense was so bad in 2012 that we had no choice but to get in shootouts with other teams.

VN Store

Back