The Meltdown That Is Happening At CatsPause

Is it bad up there? My peeps in Facebook are in meltdown, the want your coach fired yesterday.

Oh yeah I can feel the anxiety building. Everyone has a kneejerk reaction after a tough loss. I had one a couple weeks ago where I went off the deep end and really didn't care about the year anymore. But the more I think about it the more I realize we should have expected this. A year like this year should be the standard with freshman, not the exception. We've just been lucky so far.

Reactions: 1 person
Oh yeah I can feel the anxiety building. Everyone has a kneejerk reaction after a tough loss. I had one a couple weeks ago where I went off the deep end and really didn't care about the year anymore. But the more I think about it the more I realize we should have expected this. A year like this year should be the standard with freshman, not the exception. We've just been lucky so far.

Understandable

I'm a Vol fan. I honestly can't imagine my life so miserable that I would visit an opponent's forum.

i enjoy going to other teams' fan forums that are typically arrogant like the Gators or Georgia and especially Ohio State when they lose a game...quite amusing how they point the fingers away from their team

i enjoy going to other teams' fan forums that are typically arrogant like the Gators or Georgia and especially Ohio State when they lose a game...quite amusing how they point the fingers away from their team

There is something cathartic about seeing others in misery. In particular seeing USCjr fans react to getting beat 3 or 4 years in a row by UK has been fun for me. I love winning, but the reaction from some of those dummies has been gratifying as well.

There is something cathartic about seeing others in misery. In particular seeing USCjr fans react to getting beat 3 or 4 years in a row by UK has been fun for me. I love winning, but the reaction from some of those dummies has been gratifying as well.

Now that is funny and strange how badly Kentucky has owned SCjr for the past 4 years. Pathetic that we couldn’t do the same, but then again, the teams looked like they had quit in both ‘16 and ‘17. ‘16 was the “Jalen Hurd quitting/Kongbo hanging up the cleats” game and ‘17 was the most disgusting offensive performance I’ve ever seen by UT.

We could have had spencer haywood when mears was coaching. But that stinking cheating inbred lowlife c@nt of a coach rump said he will decide when to bring in black players

We could have had spencer haywood when mears was coaching. But that stinking cheating inbred lowlife c@nt of a coach rump said he will decide when to bring in black players

I searched this story and found three completely different versions.

This article has your version:
Where Are They Now? Spencer Haywood, the stylish star - seattlepi.com

"... Haywood accepted a scholarship offer from Tennessee, supposedly making him the Southeastern Conference's first black basketball player. When Kentucky's Adolph Rupp interceded, suggesting his program would decide when and where the league became integrated, Haywood fled to Trinidad State Junior College ..."

This entry says he left UT over academics:
Spencer Haywood | College Hoopedia

"Haywood was the first black to sign with Tennessee but transferred to J.C. for academic reasons."

And, this message board post appears to copy/paste an article that tells a story about Haywood actually leaving UT for UK to play for Rupp, only to be treated poorly:
apbr.org • View topic - Spencer Haywood

"He initially planned to attend the University of Tennessee, but the school balked at the prospect of bringing the first black player into the Southeast Conference. So he jumped ship to the University of Kentucky, coached by the cantankerous but highly regarded Adolph Rupp. Kentucky was coming off a stinging loss to Texas Western in the NCAA title game the year before. ... Lo and behold, he was an angry man, Haywood recalled. 'He was so angry about what had happened the year before that he was not looking at me as a human being, just a token black.' ... Robinson connected Haywood with coaches at the University of New Mexico, who recommended a year in junior college..."

The following post on that board disputes that account.

I remember reading (maybe here on VN) that Haywood didn't qualify academically. Don't remember anything about UK. It was way before my time so no idea.

I remember reading (maybe here on VN) that Haywood didn't qualify academically. Don't remember anything about UK. It was way before my time so no idea.

Way before my time as well. I need to see more before I'd retell the story.

Schadenfreude. Ze Germans have such a way with words.

Hey Kentucky peeps, I saw Maci Morris was honored for hitting the 1,000 point mark. She’s from my old high school, gets it from me 😁. Seriously, happy to see her doing good for you guys.

Really? I thought you had to be a rival to start one of these meltdown threads. You are not a rival to Kentucky. Sorry, that's just how it is.

You were saying?
You're right in one way. It's kind of boring when you know Tennessee's basketball team sweeps the Kentucky Wildcats for the season, but no complaints on this side.

The part you were right about? It's not a rivalry. It's a routinely scheduled tuneup for an actual game for these Vols.

You said, "Sorry, that's just how it is." All is forgiven scrub. Your play has been sorry in the results category against Tennessee, but no need to keep apologizing for your substandard ball team's lackluster play, because obviously unlike Kentucky, Tennessee enjoys the wins.

Yup, you got me there for this year.

Still, since the turn of the century, you're 11-27 against the Cats. It's not a stellar record.

You were saying?
You're right in one way. It's kind of boring when you know Tennessee's basketball team sweeps the Kentucky Wildcats for the season, but no complaints on this side.

The part you were right about? It's not a rivalry. It's a routinely scheduled tuneup for an actual game for these Vols.

You said, "Sorry, that's just how it is." All is forgiven scrub. Your play has been sorry in the results category against Tennessee, but no need to keep apologizing for your substandard ball team's lackluster play, because obviously unlike Kentucky, Tennessee enjoys the wins.

Reactions: 2 people
You were saying?

Can't decide if I should laugh or feel bad for how dumb this post is.

That's not true at all.

jlaw-whtvr.gif

VN Store

Back