The Makings of an Upset: UT v UF

Let’s see how Florida looks against ‘Bama this week. I hope for a gritty game with lots of hard hitting that wears down the Gators emotionally and physically just in time for their game versus us the next week.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Stay with me...

This is setting up to be Heup’s signature win. Let’s explore this week and next week to prep us for uf.

This week: Richardson tweaked a hamstring, meaning Emory Jones is probably the guy we will face. That is good news for us. Richardson is Cam Jr. On our side, Milton got hurt, opening the door for Hooker to come in and hopefully this means he will get the start against TTU and be prepped for UF. The qb situation has worked completely in our favor.

Next week: UF gets bama and is gonna get beat up. We get an easy W where we rest and work out some kinks. The week before the game works totally in our favor as well. They are gonna limp into Neyland at night and we are gonna be fresh and ready. Heup is gonna have the team ready and Neyland is gonna be rockin’.

It sets up perfectly for a big upset. This team is different from the last couple of years. I know it sounds crazy following the loss to Pitt, but I’m calling it here! While we have a talent disadvantage, everything else is working in our favor.
images

It's not happening.....Stop..... I could give you a laundry list of reasons why its not. We will be lucky to keep it within 3 TDs.

Also, we have only beaten Florida once since 2004.....
This isn’t those florida teams.. sure isn’t last years florida team. We usually play florida close. Crazier things have definitely happened

This isn’t those florida teams.. sure isn’t last years florida team. We usually play florida close. Crazier things have definitely happened

Are you trying to fit in every cliche thrown around here every year into one post? We haven't played UF close since 2017.

Reactions: Mtnvol80
I think some of you have it all wrong. In 2004 uga beat Saban-led defending national champions LSU by a score of 45-16. It was a blowout that gave uga a big head. The following week the Volunteers went down to Athens and upset the dwags 19-14.

If florida loses big to bama they'll be better focused and prepared for UT. Given the talent differential that doesn't bode well for the vols so I really think florida-bama can help UT's chances the next week, but by florida winning not losing.

No, we don't usually play Florida close. Some of our most talented teams of the last 30 years got blown out, including all 4 years Manning was here

No, we don't usually play Florida close. Some of our most talented teams of the last 30 years got blown out. Including all 4 years Manning was here
Yeah, but sometimes we didn’t… like i said, 9 times the last 20 years, it was a one score win for them or a win for us. A few of those were 1 freaking point.. a couple last second plays

I really hope UT finds a way to give the gators a good hard fought game all the way till the end. I’m just so used to UT finding new ways to lose (especially to Florida) that I can’t/won’t get my hopes up.

Yeah, but sometimes we didn’t… like i said, 9 times the last 20 years, it was a one score win for them or a win for us. A few of those were 1 freaking point.. a couple last second plays
UF has better depth on both sides of the ball. I like our chances with this team compared to any Pruitt squad. I still think we lose by 14-17 points.

Reactions: livefaith

VN Store

Back