The latest on Fulkerson

Fingers

The issue isn’t the facial surgery that Fulkerson had on Sunday. That was the same surgery that Yves Pons had last season and then played one day later wearing a protective mask.

The issue for Fulkerson is all about clearing concussion protocol. Test on Thursday showed that he was getting closer and there’s a chance that he could wake up Friday morning and get cleared, but there is no guarantee. At the very least that would leave open the possibility of him playing on Sunday if he is out on Friday.
Hubbs

And I’m assuming Omar Payne is suiting up for the Gators? The SEC commissioner should be ashamed. He jumped all over Jajuan Jennings with his incident and suspended him for the first half of the bowl game but has stayed silent regarding this almost “ criminal” incident. Barnes and Danny White staying silent and not demanding some sort of action is disturbing as well

And I’m assuming Omar Payne is suiting up for the Gators? The SEC commissioner should be ashamed. He jumped all over Jajuan Jennings with his incident and suspended him for the first half of the bowl game but has stayed silent regarding this almost “ criminal” incident. Barnes and Danny White staying silent and not demanding some sort of action is disturbing as well
Whatever Barnes and White may or may not do should be behind closed doors.

Barnes and Danny White staying silent and not demanding some sort of action is disturbing as well

No. They are doing exactly what they should be doing. The fact that UF's athletic department and the SEC have done nothing is disturbing. Any AD worth a crap would've at least called Payne and Mike White directly after that game and told them that Omar was out for at least the next game.

At the risk of sounding like a shill for Barnes, he’s kind of in a tough spot. He has a new boss who isn’t speaking out against the incident...a boss, mind you, whose brother is the head coach of the team and player in question, and has yet to speak out or take any sort of action, himself.

From the Florida side, the AD and Mike White should take action. From the SEC side, the commissioner should speak up if UF admins refuse to take action. From the Tennessee side, Danny White should speak out if no one else will stand up and do what is right. Barnes is like 5th in line to raise his voice.

The Commish is a Wimp! I'm surprised He even allowed Sports last fall; But I imagine SABAN and Coach O influenced that. Pipsqueak.
Nah, fans just forget there's a pecking order in this league. Teams like Bama, UGA, UF and LSU are favored sons. UT is a much of trailer trash type. They're not going to do anything that might hurt those 4 big names. Fans can't be surprised by this. It's more of the same double standard we've seen applied to those 4. Case in point. Look at what they did to Pearl vs how the league has dealt with Wade. We're rednecks. We're stupid and deserve the backhands across the face so we know our place in this league.

At the risk of sounding like a shill for Barnes, he’s kind of in a tough spot. He has a new boss who isn’t speaking out against the incident...a boss, mind you, whose brother is the head coach of the team and player in question, and has yet to speak out or take any sort of action, himself.

From the Florida side, the AD and Mike White should take action. From the SEC side, the commissioner should speak up if UF admins refuse to take action. From the Tennessee side, Danny White should speak out if no one else will stand up and do what is right. Barnes is like 5th in line to raise his voice.
The message from that is do not come to UT. The school and staff does not back its players.

Like I have said over and over . Skankey is just a weak individual. He sucks.

Danny is a dope.

Commish takes the stance of "don't bite the hand that feeds you". Fla brings a lot of gravy to the SEC table.

Reactions: CAVPUT
Fulkerson's classy response may be reflected in the "no response" from the admins. For all we know, Mike White could have told Payne to call, apologize, and run a few stairs and we will move on. Not saying that it's right, just could be the case.

The message from that is do not come to UT. The school and staff does not back its players.

This is about as ignorant of a statement as I have seen on VolNation in quite some time. There is a very clear theme with former Rick Barnes' players if you listen to interviews rather than act emotionally like you are. Barnes has ALWAYS had his players back. Always will. Half the reason guys come to TN is because of the familial nature of Rick Barnes' mentorship.

Please kindly leave this forum if you're going to say our coach doesn't support his players. You are DEAD wrong.

Fulky doesn’t remember being on floor that day or anything that happen
And some still think he plays today. Barnes isn't that stupid. The hope is we can get past osu without him and have him for OSU. That's what I'd hope for. Still you can't put the kid at risk no matter what. Sucks for us but it's such a UT thing to have happen. It's almost predictable. Just like covid and our football team right before spring ball. Wanna bet the hoops team has a + test with Springer and/or KJ before our second round game if we win today? You can just see it go that way especially if Liberty pulls the upset.

Just couldn’t resist the dig at Barnes. You are the biggest clown in the history of this site.

Yep...Payne didn't see the floor the 1st half based on FL posters on another site.

VN Store

Back