The Last Thing You Purchased II

I just purchased my first MB this summer and my mom had one when I was growing up as a kid. They are truly wonderfully made cars. Just expensive to buy and fix lol

The first time I took a MB to the dealership for service...that was an eye opening experience....

Reactions: SDV
I owned a 86 300E. Unbelievable car. That was the early days of anti-lock breaks, and the MB dealer warned me that I could stop very quickly and safely, but the car behind me likely could not.
Enjoy your car.
where was the auction? How many miles?
Had an ‘85 190D followed by an ‘87 190td. Both were 20+ years old when I had them and both were still remarkably solid and reliable. Never had the gas models - will be interesting to see how yours does with the low mileage as it had to of been sitting a lot.

Had an ‘85 190D followed by an ‘87 190td. Both were 20+ years old when I had them and both were still remarkably solid and reliable. Never had the gas models - will be interesting to see how yours does with the low mileage as it had to of been sitting a lot.

if this is reference to the one I just bought my understanding was that it was used but not as a primary car - it's a one owner and doesn't appear to be one that was sitting unused.

a 98 I was going to bid on only had 29K - it was a "special occasion" car for the owner.

I've had several convertibles I drove regularly (at least couple times a month) but only put about 2K miles a year on.

I will be able to see both

I was in Row 25 from 2010-2017. I'll be in Row 49 now
Will that put you under the overhang now (upper deck)? After sitting through the 2010 game against Oregon, I think about that more than I used to…. Also, if you are under the overhang, I didn’t know how that could impact your replay visibility. Regardless, congrats on your new seats!

Will that put you under the overhang now (upper deck)? After sitting through the 2010 game against Oregon, I think about that more than I used to…. Also, if you are under the overhang, I didn’t know how that could impact your replay visibility. Regardless, congrats on your new seats!
It is not under the overhang

It is not under the overhang
Nice…. Under the overhang has almost seemed like a different world to me. Like anything, folks have different preferences.
I think we gave up season tickets around the same time. Glad you are back. I just had twins, so it will be a few more years before I am committing to season tickets (I am out of state).

Reactions: YankeeVol
Nice…. Under the overhang has almost seemed like a different world to me. Like anything, folks have different preferences.
I think we gave up season tickets around the same time. Glad you are back. I just had twins, so it will be a few more years before I am committing to season tickets (I am out of state).
I am as well. Just south of Atlanta. About a 3:45 drive

My girls are old enough now. Not that they care about the football, just the snacks 😂

That will be a special experience! Looking forward to doing that with my daughter (4) and boys (7 weeks) someday. Right now, it is the UT Room in our basement.
I still remember parts of my first game with my Dad…. Just something intrinsic about being there. Also, nothing wrong with a Smokey Dog and a watered soda (doctored or not) at Neyland.

Reactions: Guest and YankeeVol
That will be a special experience! Looking forward to doing that with my daughter (4) and boys (7 weeks) someday. Right now, it is the UT Room in our basement.
I still remember parts of my first game with my Dad…. Just something intrinsic about being there. Also, nothing wrong with a Smokey Dog and a watered soda (doctored or not) at Neyland.
Congrats on the twins btw

They love Smokey (we also have a Bluetick)

Reactions: MillerTime80
won't go to a dealer unless warranty work.

getting ready for an oil change on my Porsche Cayenne - should be over $150!
Same here... local import shop does not do warranty work... took my MB E450 there for an oil change and general checkup... 250.00. Steep!

Wife has always told me I was FOS when I told her there was discrepancy in what was required to build and what was supplied. Today I have proof.. Got more screws and washers than the sheet said.

Attachments

• 20220113_145700.jpg
    20220113_145700.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
  • 20220113_152424.jpg
    20220113_152424.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
this little sucker works well - FM transmitters have come along way. also helps that my power antenna doesn't go up so I can easily find clean stations

Reactions: Hoosier_Vol
@Orangeslice13
Need to purchase an electrical tester to install ceiling fans and pendant lights. Suggestions? I have installed others with friend and he did testing but looking to do these next projects on my own. I need to know if wires are live. Thanks to all.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back