The Last Thing You Purchased II

walkenvol

I owned a 86 300E. Unbelievable car. That was the early days of anti-lock breaks, and the MB dealer warned me that I could stop very quickly and safely, but the car behind me likely could not.
Enjoy your car.
where was the auction? How many miles?
Had an ‘85 190D followed by an ‘87 190td. Both were 20+ years old when I had them and both were still remarkably solid and reliable. Never had the gas models - will be interesting to see how yours does with the low mileage as it had to of been sitting a lot.

Had an ‘85 190D followed by an ‘87 190td. Both were 20+ years old when I had them and both were still remarkably solid and reliable. Never had the gas models - will be interesting to see how yours does with the low mileage as it had to of been sitting a lot.
if this is reference to the one I just bought my understanding was that it was used but not as a primary car - it's a one owner and doesn't appear to be one that was sitting unused.

a 98 I was going to bid on only had 29K - it was a "special occasion" car for the owner.

I've had several convertibles I drove regularly (at least couple times a month) but only put about 2K miles a year on.

MillerTime80

I will be able to see both

I was in Row 25 from 2010-2017. I'll be in Row 49 now
Will that put you under the overhang now (upper deck)? After sitting through the 2010 game against Oregon, I think about that more than I used to…. Also, if you are under the overhang, I didn’t know how that could impact your replay visibility. Regardless, congrats on your new seats!

YankeeVol

This is the way
Will that put you under the overhang now (upper deck)? After sitting through the 2010 game against Oregon, I think about that more than I used to…. Also, if you are under the overhang, I didn’t know how that could impact your replay visibility. Regardless, congrats on your new seats!
It is not under the overhang

Tin Man

Dirt's Childhood Playmate
I will be able to see both

I was in Row 25 from 2010-2017. I'll be in Row 49 now
So far from the field, you cannot hear the players fart… broiling in the sun… drenched in the rain… vulnerable to thrown objects… None of that matters. Happy for you. GBO.

MillerTime80

Nice…. Under the overhang has almost seemed like a different world to me. Like anything, folks have different preferences.
I think we gave up season tickets around the same time. Glad you are back. I just had twins, so it will be a few more years before I am committing to season tickets (I am out of state).

YankeeVol

This is the way
Nice…. Under the overhang has almost seemed like a different world to me. Like anything, folks have different preferences.
I think we gave up season tickets around the same time. Glad you are back. I just had twins, so it will be a few more years before I am committing to season tickets (I am out of state).
I am as well. Just south of Atlanta. About a 3:45 drive

My girls are old enough now. Not that they care about the football, just the snacks 😂

MillerTime80

That will be a special experience! Looking forward to doing that with my daughter (4) and boys (7 weeks) someday. Right now, it is the UT Room in our basement.
I still remember parts of my first game with my Dad…. Just something intrinsic about being there. Also, nothing wrong with a Smokey Dog and a watered soda (doctored or not) at Neyland.

YankeeVol

This is the way
That will be a special experience! Looking forward to doing that with my daughter (4) and boys (7 weeks) someday. Right now, it is the UT Room in our basement.
I still remember parts of my first game with my Dad…. Just something intrinsic about being there. Also, nothing wrong with a Smokey Dog and a watered soda (doctored or not) at Neyland.
Congrats on the twins btw

They love Smokey (we also have a Bluetick)

VN Store