The Key Sisters !

I like that Rivers will stop and let players blow by her, then go up for an easy lay-in. Good patience and awareness.

Favorite moment was when she blocked a shot and then pursued it out of bounds to catch it. Focused and relentless.

Reactions: mcannon1
I believe an announcement is coming soon. I have no insight but feel our recruits are close to their final selection.

Last edited:
they be gon to UCon next year.. little bird say... ;)
First post, usually just check in to see what is going on. However, had to reply to this. Teonni may be at UConn next year but I would be very shocked to see Tamari there given her snub of Geno after the LV-UConn game in January. She totally ignored him when going through the line and did not shake his hand. I thought surely I did not see correctly but replayed it a couple of times. It was clear she has no love of Geno.

Key could very well have committed to South Carolina with Rivers. I don't know that but with all the times she has been to Tennessee and everything she knows about our team would think she would've committed to us if she were going to do so. The next player I am looking at to commit is Brooklyn Miles and from there who knows. I still hope Key is viable for us either she is a silent commit or is going elsewhere.

Key could very well have committed to South Carolina with Rivers. I don't know that but with all the times she has been to Tennessee and everything she knows about our team would think she would've committed to us if she were going to do so. The next player I am looking at to commit is Brooklyn Miles and from there who knows. I still hope Key is viable for us either she is a silent commit or is going elsewhere.

I dont know if she has and I wouldn’t be surprised by a commit to SC either but I do know I am not surprised she hasn’t committed to us or made or made a public announcement. If you followed how her mom was with Tamari and her recruiting she was very meticulous in the way she had her go about cutting down her list. The difference was Tamari was able to get on these campuses and get a feel. Teonni was able to get on TN campus, KYs campus, UNCs campus, probably other NC schools and maybe SCs for a visit. What about GA, MS st, and others on her list?

Also some tournaments are still on for this summer and competition will resume so she may be focused on that and getting back to playing and then make a decision.

I don’t know what her thought process is I just no I’m not surprised she has committed because of the way her mom went about it with her older sister. Who knows she could be a silent commit or committed to SC.

I dont know if she has and I wouldn’t be surprised by a commit to SC either but I do know I am not surprised she hasn’t committed to us or made or made a public announcement. If you followed how her mom was with Tamari and her recruiting she was very meticulous in the way she had her go about cutting down her list. The difference was Tamari was able to get on these campuses and get a feel. Teonni was able to get on TN campus, KYs campus, UNCs campus, probably other NC schools and maybe SCs for a visit. What about GA, MS st, and others on her list?

Also some tournaments are still on for this summer and competition will resume so she may be focused on that and getting back to playing and then make a decision.

I don’t know what her thought process is I just no I’m not surprised she has committed because of the way her mom went about it with her older sister. Who knows she could be a silent commit or committed to SC.
Teonni’s mother is looking for a school that has a focus on education, is close to home, and a program that she knows will take care of her daughter.

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
First post, usually just check in to see what is going on. However, had to reply to this. Teonni may be at UConn next year but I would be very shocked to see Tamari there given her snub of Geno after the LV-UConn game in January. She totally ignored him when going through the line and did not shake his hand. I thought surely I did not see correctly but replayed it a couple of times. It was clear she has no love of Geno.
Also, she had a Zoom chat with Candace for the public a few weeks ago. She’s happy at TN.

Teonni’s mother is looking for a school that has a focus on education, is close to home, and a program that she knows will take care of her daughter.

Like any good mom would ☺️ I think Kellie fits that mold of taking care of players and holding them to certain expectations while still loving them she learned from the master on that! Dawn would do the same.

Some of the others like Brenda or Geno meh LOL.... Matthew Mitchell I dunno he seems to have built a better rapport with his players.

You have any inside knowledge 😃🤔🤣

Reactions: LadyOrange
Like any good mom would ☺️ I think Kellie fits that mold of taking care of players and holding them to certain expectations while still loving them she learned from the master on that! Dawn would do the same.

Some of the others like Brenda or Geno meh LOL.... Matthew Mitchell I dunno he seems to have built a better rapport with his players.

You have any inside knowledge 😃🤔🤣
I wish! I Just heard her say that in an interview.

Tennessee Lady Vols basketball just came in with a combined 3.48 grade average as a team the highest in a long time that is awesome. Kellie getting it done.

That’s a very good indicator of how players are responding to a coach. If they don’t respond in the classroom there is an obvious lack of respect. Glad to see these ladies getting it done. An education is still the #1 goal for these young ladies and will take most of them further than basketball ever will.

check-focus on education,
check-is close to home, and a
check-program that she knows will take care of her daughter.

Next dilemma.?

Last edited:

VN Store

Back