The Kerry Blackshear Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I wasn't wrong.

Well, the implication from your post was that this press conference was going to be where VT announced the return of KBJ. As I said yesterday, I didn't doubt that what you heard on the radio was said, but those local radio guys pumping up this presser as anything more than a weekly update was always BS. You don't hold a press conference to announce the return of a graduate.

Well, the implication from your post was that this press conference was going to be where VT announced the return of KBJ. As I said yesterday, I didn't doubt that what you heard on the radio was said, but those local radio guys pumping up this presser as anything more than a weekly update was always BS. You don't hold a press conference to announce the return of a graduate.

No, that's actually wrong, too. I said there was a press conference, and that was it: The Kerry Blackshear Thread

I think you confused another post with mine.

No, they were just talking about it on Greg Robert's live ( a local sports talk show ). They said all indications point to him returning to tech and that Coach Young is confident. They said 80% chance he returns, the press conference scheduled for tomorrow was not planned.

This is the quote I was referring to. It seems I confused you with someone else. I never actually saw you post anything. I just remember reading this.

Reactions: michael_scott
Apologies for not being able to speak knowledgeably about the VT basketball coach’s regularly scheduled media availability. The point is the same. Nothing to do with KB.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
It’s in the UTAD bylaws. Prove me wrong

I’m not saying you are wrong. I am saying I know for a fact many schools restart their drug policy count after every year. Not sure about Tennessee’s on that but some schools do.

Can you link those bylaws so we can see what it says?

I’m not saying you are wrong. I am saying I know for a fact many schools restart their drug policy count after every year. Not sure about Tennessee’s on that but some schools do.

Can you link those bylaws so we can see what it says?
It’s a moot point because Burns hasn’t been in the program longer than a year. The older bylaws simply state 12 months from original positive test. Not an academic year.

It’s in the UTAD bylaws. Prove me wrong
DRUG TESTING PROCEDURE All University of Tennessee/Knoxville Intercollegiate student-athletes (including athletes who have sustained career-ending injuries) will be tested for banned drugs. Testing will be accomplished by the analysis of urine specimens, or other recognized analytical procedures, obtained from the student at the direction of the Head Team Physician or Head Athletic Trainer. The testing procedure will ensure that the specimen being analyzed is identified with the appropriate student-athlete and that the purity of the sample is maintained. All specimens will be coded to ensure confidentiality. All specimens will be collected in a manner so as to minimize the possibility of contamination or misidentification. This collection will be conducted by an agent appointed by the professional laboratory selected by the Head Team Physician, Head Athletic Trainer, and the University Department of Purchasing/Business Services. FREQUENCY OF TESTING • All incoming student-athletes will be tested at the time of their Pre-Participation Physical Exam. This is the ONLY drug test that will be announced prior to testing. • Student-athletes may be tested at anytime during their period of athletic eligibility. • All student-athletes participating in Post-Season Bowl Games or NCAA Championships will be tested prior to their competition in their respective post-season event. • All student-athletes will be subject to random drug testing throughout the year. • All student-athletes with previous positives or a history of providing unsatisfactory specimens for analysis will be subject to more frequent drug testing throughout the year. • A student-athlete can be tested whenever medically warranted. TEST RESULTS The results of all drug tests (including NCAA drug testing) are provided to the Athletics Director, Head Coach, Head Team Physician, Head Athletics Trainer, and parent(s) or legal guardian(s). The following actions are to be taken: First Positive The student-athlete will be assigned to a counseling program approved by the Head Team Physician. Further participation in practice and/or competition will be determined by the Athletics Director and Head Coach after consultation with the Head Team Physician, Head Athletic Trainer and Substance Abuse Counselor. The student-athlete will be subject to more frequent random drug tests within the context of the individual’s substance abuse counseling program. 60 EXCEPTION - A positive drug test for anabolic agents (and/or equivalent related compounds presumed to be performance enhancers as identified and banned by the NCAA and/or USOC), cocaine, heroin, opiates, ephedrine or methamphetamine shall result in immediate suspension from all athletic activities and referral to a substance abuse counseling program. The studentathlete may apply to the Athletics Director and appropriate Head Coach for reinstatement of eligibility only after successful participation in a drug education/counseling program as approved by the Head Team Physician and Head Athletic Trainer. The following ramifications will also occur: • Head Coach of the sport may override this immediate suspension by permanently dismissing the student-athlete from the team. • Student-athlete will be required to submit written documentation of regular participation in an approved substance abuse counseling program over the course of the suspension period in order to be considered for reinstatement. The student-athlete is required to assume the financial burden for participation in this substance abuse counseling program. • Student-athlete will be subject to frequent random drug testing at any time during the course of their suspension period. • Student-athlete will lose all privileges of athletic department facility use (including Thornton Academic Center) during the course of their suspension period. • Student-athlete will need to secure medical clearance and the approval of the Head Team Physician following an annual pre-participation physical examination in order to be considered for reinstatement. • Upon reinstatement, the student-athlete may be asked to return as a non-scholarship athlete at the discretion of the Athletics Director and/or Head Coach. If a student-athlete tests positive for marijuana during the first pre-participation physical exam, the student-athlete may have the result removed from their university records after a one year probationary period by: (1) successful participation in a substance abuse education/counseling program as approved by the Head Team Physician, Head Athletic Trainer, and Substance Abuse Counselor; AND (2) having no further positive drug tests (e.g. NCAA, random testing, etc.) during the 12 month period following the initial positive test. Second Positive The student-athlete will be indefinitely suspended from practice and competition in intercollegiate athletics. With the consent of the respective head coach, the student-athlete may apply to the Director of Athletics for reinstatement of eligibility for practice and/or competition only after the Head Team Physician, Head Athletic Trainer, and Substance Abuse Counselor have certified successful participation in an approved substance abuse education and counseling program. The student-athlete will be subject to more frequent random drug tests within the context of the individual’s substance abuse counseling program. The student-athlete’s scholarship may be revoked in accordance with NCAA procedure. Third Positive The student-athlete will be permanently ineligible for intercollegiate athletics at the University of Tennessee/Knoxville. The student-athlete’s scholarship will be revoked in accordance with NCAA procedure.

DRUG TESTING PROCEDURE All University of Tennessee/Knoxville Intercollegiate student-athletes (including athletes who have sustained career-ending injuries) will be tested for banned drugs. Testing will be accomplished by the analysis of urine specimens, or other recognized analytical procedures, obtained from the student at the direction of the Head Team Physician or Head Athletic Trainer. The testing procedure will ensure that the specimen being analyzed is identified with the appropriate student-athlete and that the purity of the sample is maintained. All specimens will be coded to ensure confidentiality. All specimens will be collected in a manner so as to minimize the possibility of contamination or misidentification. This collection will be conducted by an agent appointed by the professional laboratory selected by the Head Team Physician, Head Athletic Trainer, and the University Department of Purchasing/Business Services. FREQUENCY OF TESTING • All incoming student-athletes will be tested at the time of their Pre-Participation Physical Exam. This is the ONLY drug test that will be announced prior to testing. • Student-athletes may be tested at anytime during their period of athletic eligibility. • All student-athletes participating in Post-Season Bowl Games or NCAA Championships will be tested prior to their competition in their respective post-season event. • All student-athletes will be subject to random drug testing throughout the year. • All student-athletes with previous positives or a history of providing unsatisfactory specimens for analysis will be subject to more frequent drug testing throughout the year. • A student-athlete can be tested whenever medically warranted. TEST RESULTS The results of all drug tests (including NCAA drug testing) are provided to the Athletics Director, Head Coach, Head Team Physician, Head Athletics Trainer, and parent(s) or legal guardian(s). The following actions are to be taken: First Positive The student-athlete will be assigned to a counseling program approved by the Head Team Physician. Further participation in practice and/or competition will be determined by the Athletics Director and Head Coach after consultation with the Head Team Physician, Head Athletic Trainer and Substance Abuse Counselor. The student-athlete will be subject to more frequent random drug tests within the context of the individual’s substance abuse counseling program. 60 EXCEPTION - A positive drug test for anabolic agents (and/or equivalent related compounds presumed to be performance enhancers as identified and banned by the NCAA and/or USOC), cocaine, heroin, opiates, ephedrine or methamphetamine shall result in immediate suspension from all athletic activities and referral to a substance abuse counseling program. The studentathlete may apply to the Athletics Director and appropriate Head Coach for reinstatement of eligibility only after successful participation in a drug education/counseling program as approved by the Head Team Physician and Head Athletic Trainer. The following ramifications will also occur: • Head Coach of the sport may override this immediate suspension by permanently dismissing the student-athlete from the team. • Student-athlete will be required to submit written documentation of regular participation in an approved substance abuse counseling program over the course of the suspension period in order to be considered for reinstatement. The student-athlete is required to assume the financial burden for participation in this substance abuse counseling program. • Student-athlete will be subject to frequent random drug testing at any time during the course of their suspension period. • Student-athlete will lose all privileges of athletic department facility use (including Thornton Academic Center) during the course of their suspension period. • Student-athlete will need to secure medical clearance and the approval of the Head Team Physician following an annual pre-participation physical examination in order to be considered for reinstatement. • Upon reinstatement, the student-athlete may be asked to return as a non-scholarship athlete at the discretion of the Athletics Director and/or Head Coach. If a student-athlete tests positive for marijuana during the first pre-participation physical exam, the student-athlete may have the result removed from their university records after a one year probationary period by: (1) successful participation in a substance abuse education/counseling program as approved by the Head Team Physician, Head Athletic Trainer, and Substance Abuse Counselor; AND (2) having no further positive drug tests (e.g. NCAA, random testing, etc.) during the 12 month period following the initial positive test. Second Positive The student-athlete will be indefinitely suspended from practice and competition in intercollegiate athletics. With the consent of the respective head coach, the student-athlete may apply to the Director of Athletics for reinstatement of eligibility for practice and/or competition only after the Head Team Physician, Head Athletic Trainer, and Substance Abuse Counselor have certified successful participation in an approved substance abuse education and counseling program. The student-athlete will be subject to more frequent random drug tests within the context of the individual’s substance abuse counseling program. The student-athlete’s scholarship may be revoked in accordance with NCAA procedure. Third Positive The student-athlete will be permanently ineligible for intercollegiate athletics at the University of Tennessee/Knoxville. The student-athlete’s scholarship will be revoked in accordance with NCAA procedure.

So it’s 3 test in one calendar year

Great info

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back