The Jarrett Guarantano debate thread...

How? Lowest int ratio in school history on a good ypa and you think he isn't good at reading defense? What kind of sense does that make?
You do realize that you could complete 1 80 yard pass all year and your YPA would be 80 yards, right. That would be the case if it were the only pass you attempted the entire year. Look at the historical stats on sports-reference.com. You will see some very funny stats for players that attempted very few passes in their careers.

You do realize that you could complete 1 80 yard pass all year and your YPA would be 80 yards, right. That would be the case if it were the only pass you attempted the entire year. Look at the historical stats on sports-reference.com. You will see some very funny stats for players that attempted very few passes in their careers.
Chaney has a 100% win percentage as the former head coach of UT. 😎

Reactions: Pride85
Just as a point of reference Drew Lock was drafted in the second round. His completion % was 62.9 last year. JGs was 62.2%. Locks's YPA was 8.0 and JGs was 7.8. Is either stat really that significantly different statistically? No they arent. Was Lock known for screen passes and dinking and dunking? No he wasnt.

So those who want to claim that JG made his stats with mostly short passes need to at least come to the table with actual facts. Not, oh you need to watch the film. Because those who have watched the film, have provided the actual stats.

That's a good thing.
It's messed up what some of these posters are doing, no better than the haters.
If you're a JG fan, a real fan, then be a fan of the real JG. For anyone that respects him, he should be good enough the way he is. He has enough real potential and talent to be the guy and those that resort to lying and false perfectionism, are doing him a disservice.
Apparently the real Guarantano isn't good enough for them. They've created a comic book version for their own gratification.
th

It's all in the tape. If you think JG is the 2nd best QB in the SEC then get your head checked.

Let's see what JG does when he actually has to pass the ball more than once every three plays.

For someone that has done absolutely nothing as a player, JG sure has a lot of fan boys.
You've done absolutely nothing but here we are with you voicing your opinion

Serious is cancer.
Serious is not having a home to stay in or food to eat.
This is a past time that has no honest bearing on our lives other than the amount we choose for it to have.
It’s a game.

Exactly. Now go back and tell me which part of my post you thought was serious, before the "LOL" or after the "LOL".

LOL.

I do wonder sometimes what our fan base actually sees when they watch a game? Are they able to dissect a play or players and grade them out in their head or do they just see the surface stuff. This is why you often see coaches ripping a player coming off the field who the causal observer didn’t even realize was involved in the play. Wish nothing but the best for JG this year.

Tee was never a great QB. Without the defense in 1998, we probably only win 8 games.
The thing is, it was a team and a team effortThe 1998 gteam won the national Championship. I am not a huge Yee fan, vut he was a very important clog on the 98 team. I , personally, think h was a better football player than he is a football coach. However, I hope he proves that he is a fantastic recruiter. If he is, he will be an important clog on our football coaching staff and our team.

Time for the JG haters to go ballistic.

Advanced stats consistently show JG is much better than people realize and the O-line was much worse. It's why all the pipe dreams of a miracle QB who overtakes JG for the job are just that. JG has many things he needs to work on to become an elite QB, but he was one of our best players last season.

And sure, JG needs to make "quicker decisions", but the reason you think this is because he's constantly under pressure in a very short amount of time. No one would think that if he had Georgia or Bama's O-line. It's not even really the best criticism of JG. IMO, where JG struggles most is throwing on the run; he consistently underestimates how far the ball is going to fly when he throws on the run.

But overall, JG is the least of our problems. Fix the O-line. Fix the D-line. Add depth. Keep recruiting well. Develop players. Then we'll win. Unfortunately, I think we're probably at least a year away on the lines.
I agree. JG is good, it's the o line. He does get rid of the ball quick, he has no choice lol. You watch other teams and their qbs are relaxed and have enough time to make a sandwich. You don't hear coaches saying he needs to get rid of the ball quicker because the line allows him time. Our recievers need to do a better job getting open too. I think play calling would help too. Give him some quick out routes, curls, digs and drags to throw more often. I'm hoping Chaney will give him a better chance. Last year it was like we only threw go routes lol

Time for the JG haters to go ballistic.

Advanced stats consistently show JG is much better than people realize and the O-line was much worse. It's why all the pipe dreams of a miracle QB who overtakes JG for the job are just that. JG has many things he needs to work on to become an elite QB, but he was one of our best players last season.

And sure, JG needs to make "quicker decisions", but the reason you think this is because he's constantly under pressure in a very short amount of time. No one would think that if he had Georgia or Bama's O-line. It's not even really the best criticism of JG. IMO, where JG struggles most is throwing on the run; he consistently underestimates how far the ball is going to fly when he throws on the run.

But overall, JG is the least of our problems. Fix the O-line. Fix the D-line. Add depth. Keep recruiting well. Develop players. Then we'll win. Unfortunately, I think we're probably at least a year away on the lines.
Yeah he is great on those 3 yard passes.

Reactions: VOLnMiami and 08Vol
The grade takes all of that into account. Reading the defense etc.

Also reading the defense is a known strength as evidenced by the low turnover numbers.
The reason for the low turnovers is he throws the ball consistently behind the line of scrimmage. I can't remember a quarterback in in Tennessee History that has a lower yards per pass than this guy.

Reactions: 08Vol
I can only imagine what certain posters are saying in response to this rating. Thankfully, I don't actually have to read it. ;)
Oh... its the real deal all right. I scored a 27 on the survey, and I was the best QB of my time. JG is gonna bust it wide open...

Big Al.
d6pzrn6-2919f708-2d25-485d-a563-df4ce0e1972c.png

The reason for the low turnovers is he throws the ball consistently behind the line of scrimmage. I can't remember a quarterback in in Tennessee History that has a lower yards per pass than this guy.
His career ypa is higher than Dobbs and Ainge to name a couple. His ypa for his sophomore season is the same as Peyton’s sophomore year. Not saying JG is on their level, but it’s not like he never throws the ball downfield.

Reactions: MiramarVol
Just as a point of reference Drew Lock was drafted in the second round. His completion % was 62.9 last year. JGs was 62.2%. Locks's YPA was 8.0 and JGs was 7.8. Is either stat really that significantly different statistically? No they arent. Was Lock known for screen passes and dinking and dunking? No he wasnt.

So those who want to claim that JG made his stats with mostly short passes need to at least come to the table with actual facts. Not, oh you need to watch the film. Because those who have watched the film, have provided the actual stats.
So do you suspect JG will go in the second rd when his time comes?????????????

VN Store

Back