The Jarrett Guarantano debate thread...

It's all in the tape. If you think JG is the 2nd best QB in the SEC then get your head checked.

Let's see what JG does when he actually has to pass the ball more than once every three plays.

For someone that has done absolutely nothing as a player, JG sure has a lot of fan boys.

Hmmm, why is it such a bad thing to cheer for a QB that plays for TN?

Have we had a QB that we all were 100% behind since Peyton? Seems like somebody can find something to say about everyone.

I'm all for the guy, I sincerely hope he makes me eat crow this season. If all his problems are truly the lines fault, then this guy will be a beast in the NFL. If he's not, then all these numbers don't mean squat, and those who have been critical will be serving the crow. Time will tell.

Reactions: 08Vol

I don't get your point. You show a clip of one completion to a tight end and one very deep ball that was intercepted. Why not show all 4 interceptions and all 12 touchdowns? So all of your opinion is driven from those two plays? That is some weak sauce. The future will tell who is right I guess. As long as he is our QB, I will support him.

Totally agree nobody hates our players, it's a stupid and wrong analogy. I don't think there are many fanboy's either. Bottom line is improvement is needed by all, nobody's game is beyond improvement. GBO!
You really don't have any idea what you're talking about. You can find any number of posts from a select group of posters on this site that make it plain they loathe certain players.

That is perfect
On the throw. Pre snap defensive scheme recognition was not included.
You're adding the K-town "want it to" interpretation. Just take the actual praise and let it be.
Or don't. Hell, it doesn't matter. He has strengths and weaknesses just reality. And no one here is thinking..

"hey, I want a full and completely unbiased take on JG. Think I'll read a K-town or FLvol_79 post."
That is perfect

I'm all for the guy, I sincerely hope he makes me eat crow this season. If all his problems are truly the lines fault, then this guy will be a beast in the NFL. If he's not, then all these numbers don't mean squat, and those who have been critical will be serving the crow. Time will tell.

It's interesting to me that "crow" being served/eaten is always so important around here. Nobody knows how he's going to perform this year, and what will actually have to happen, or not happen for crow to be served?

I mean, even the staunch critics predict pretty much the same record as last year, maybe a game better because of a little "better" schedule...."because JG sucks, oh, and our OL could be better".

We win 7 with JG putting up better numbers but still not great and our OL still sucks.

I see nothing settled this year. On VN that is.

JG threads are always the best.. well, besides the "girls of" threads :)

Last edited:
It's interesting to me that "crow" being served/eaten is always so important around here. Nobody knows how he's going to perform this year, and what will actually have to happen, or not happen for crow to be served?

I mean, even the staunch critics predict pretty much the same record as last year, maybe a game better because of a little "better" schedule...."because JG sucks, oh, and our OL could be better".

We win 7 with JG putting up better numbers but still not great and our OL still sucks.

I see nothing settled this year. On VN that is.
I'll agree

Reactions: Behr
You throw screens 95% of the time because you don't have the time to throw anything deeper than 10 yds.
You are correct sir...If people want proof just watch any of the games form last season.....Main reason they do that is A. He holds the ball too long and gets sacked or B. He can't scramble enough to find a receiver open...Screens are the best way to get rid of the ball quickly and hope your receiver makes a play and most of the time they catch thus the high completion rating....But the JG fanboys will tell you something different so I just let them talk....And laugh

Last edited:
You are correct sir...If people want proof just watch any of the games form last season.....Main reason they do that is A. He holds the ball too long and gets sacked or B. He can't scramble enough to find a receiver open...Screens are the best way to get rid of the ball quickly and hope your receiver makes a play and most of the time they catch thus the high completion rating....But the JG fanboys will tell you something different so I just let them talk....And laugh
I guess you are just going to ignore that he had a high ypa and this rating doesn't give credit for wrs making the play on a poor pass or running after the catch.

Its a bold faced lie that we threw more screens than average. Your usual mo when talking about qbs though. Lies and ignorance.

Even I struggle with this one. 🤔
That's a good thing.
It's messed up what some of these posters are doing, no better than the haters.
If you're a JG fan, a real fan, then be a fan of the real JG. For anyone that respects him, he should be good enough the way he is. He has enough real potential and talent to be the guy and those that resort to lying and false perfectionism, are doing him a disservice.
Apparently the real Guarantano isn't good enough for them. They've created a comic book version for their own gratification.

Actual stats disagree with you but by all means continue.

Reactions: k-town_king
How? Lowest int ratio in school history on a good ypa and you think he isn't good at reading defense? What kind of sense does that make?
Reading defenses, in the sense most often discussed, also involves pre-snap reads of the rush allowing him to set up protection better. He does not do that. If he read defenses a little better, he might have fewer sacks, more completions and more TDs. Be a fan, not by believing that it is short for fantasy.

VN Store

Back