The Impeachment Thread

After the senate votes and we have all these people on record, every person who voted to impeach and remove should be put in prison
Let's not turn our system into political gulags.

If they can prove treason or insurrection, hang them. If it was idiocy in office, censure them. I'd hate to set the precedent that a failed impeachment means jail time.

Reactions: StarRaider
Let's not turn our system into political gulags.

If they can prove treason or insurrection, hang them. If it was idiocy in office, censure them. I'd hate to set the precedent that a failed impeachment means jail time.
Trying to overthrow a President and influence an election should have consequences

You couldn't get those hours back if you did. Dragging it out in the courts with frivolous executive privilege claims is a waste of time.
Coming up with bogus articles of impeachment is a waste of time as we all can see.

Reactions: AM64
Coming up with bogus articles of impeachment is a waste of time as we all can see.
They're not bogus, the're drawing a line of Presidential power congress is going to afford any President. It's more of an assault on the Constitution by the GOP than anything. Three equal branches of government, checks and balances, and Impeachment.

They're not bogus, the're drawing a line of Presidential power congress is going to afford any President. It's more of an assault on the Constitution by the GOP than anything. Three equal branches of government, checks and balances, and Impeachment.
A partisan kangaroo court of representatives

And no removal. Game over

I think you know that it is all BS. The Democrats were looking to manufacture a reason to impeach since the night of the election. The "line" is being drawn now because it's Trump, anybody else carrying a (D) would get a pass.

I hope to God that when a (D) becomes President that we don't have the same pettifogging as is being demonstrated now.

I've always wanted to use that word. Thanks for the opportunity, Mick.

Trying to overthrow a President and influence an election should have consequences

I don't disagree. I personally suspect this is a coupe, so--like I said--if they can prove treason, don't stop at jail time. A rope or a firing squad. I'm serious.

But even if this is a coupe, there will be masterminds and then useful idiots who cast their votes. They should be treated differently, and with caution. It's a dangerous precedent to throw people in jail just for voting for an impeachment. The Democrats have already set a dangerous precedent with this impeachment. Let's not have the winning side compound the mistake.

I don't disagree. I personally suspect this is a coupe, so--like I said--if they can prove treason, don't stop at jail time. A rope or a firing squad. I'm serious.

But even if this is a coupe, there will be masterminds and then useful idiots who cast their votes. They should be treated differently, and with caution. It's a dangerous precedent to throw people in jail just for voting for an impeachment. The Democrats have already set a dangerous precedent with this impeachment. Let's not have the winning side compound the mistake.
Coupe? Little Deuce?

Reactions: StarRaider and AM64

VN Store

Back