The Impeachment Thread

Thanks for that.

I was flipping channels last night and Fox had on a "panel," really it was just people who worked there, but they were set up as like a jury, in rows, sitting low, with a questioner.

They were asked a series of questions about Trump and the impeachment inquiry, and each time the person just kept answering "but Biden" in some way.

It was really just sad.

I think it's dumb to start impeachment proceedings without any hope of getting the votes.

I also have a larger question for the trump supporters, do you not believe that this call has the appearance of impropriety? Shouldn't we expect our president to avoid such situations?

I think it's dumb to start impeachment proceedings without any hope of getting the votes.

I also have a larger question for the trump supporters, do you not believe that this call has the appearance of impropriety? Shouldn't we expect our president to avoid such situations?
Yes... but I have no delusions about how the sausage gets made. I think if we were privy to Presidentisl calls, we'd likely hear a lot of stuff that we'd rather not know about.

agree completely with the first part and that’s why so many people don’t care it’s another “ get trump at any cost “ ploy . All government officials should avoid the look of impropriety , that should be a gold standard for the job . That includes sending Biden to “deliver our message to the Ukraine” . If they would all do this there would be no Trump or Biden story .

Yes... but I have no delusions about how the sausage gets made. I think if we were privy to Presidentisl calls, we'd likely hear a lot of stuff that we'd rather not know about.

Can you imagine if social media groups were able dissect all presidential calls from all presidents talking to other leaders ?

Nixon's impeachment was very unpopular ... Until the hearings started.

Can you imagine if social media groups were able dissect all presidential calls from all presidents talking to other leaders ?
"I'll have more time after the election". That's so nefarious, I can hardly believe he wasn't impeached.

Ignorance is bliss. The genie is out of the bottle at this point. If you don't recognize or acknowledge that Trump's actions here represent pure corruption then you should take a long look in the mirror and question your own moral compass.

images.png

Also, probable that Rudy bursts into flames if exposed to direct sunlight.

Last edited:
Reactions: TN Ribs

As the lead executive, the President is tasked with implementing and enforcing national law and being responsible for foreign relations. His inquires meet one or both of these responsibilities. Frankly, he has a right to know about what transpired in the past and collect intelligence to implement his foreign policy, as well as the foreign workings of a US citizen. In the case of Shokin, it is stated that he was asked to be fired because of his corruption. Well how do we know Shokin was "corrupt" other than collecting intelligence?

Now if in some future year Trump Jr is in China making deals, then any President has a right to be in the know if any laws are being broken or how this may affect our policy towards China.

Reactions: VolnJC

I think you have to look at the political environment since the last impeachment. The nonstop partisan investigation into Benghazi and Hillary guised as oversight. This is the only tool the House Dems have to get at information the Trump Administration is keeping from the oversight process.

I see this all the time being used , this low IQ and low information voters stuff . I’m curious how many people you think don’t have TVs or cell phone in our country today ?
Low information isn't just about stupidity. I'm also including people who simply aren't paying much attention. He wants people in the voting booths that don't really know or care about policy, but have Biden/Ukraine floating in the back of their minds, similar to Hillary/email/Benghazi.

Just wondering if anyone is asked for this so called whistleblower’s phone records, emails etc.
Got that feeling Schitt is behind this, since he sent out a tweet a month ago talking about this whole Trump/Ukraine mess.

Biden's son was legitimately working for a Ukrainian oil company, period. Everything was above board. None of that really matters though when you have a president who is so afraid of losing to Biden that he attempts to strong arm Ukraine into digging up information that doesn't exist. How does that not bother you that Trump is soliciting another country to get involved with our election process? Do you think that's ok?
BS. The Ukrainians have been trying to give us information on the corruption of the 2016 elections.

They are not getting involved in our election. What are you scared of coug? Hillary and the dnc getting exposed?
Where was your outrage over the Obama Administration using another country to dig up dirt on Trump?
It was ok then though....

Just wondering if anyone is asked for this so called whistleblower’s phone records, emails etc.
Got that feeling Schitt is behind this, since he sent out a tweet a month ago talking about this whole Trump/Ukraine mess.

Similarly, thief sacks your house, gets caught by cop, and you'd question the motives of the cop.

#SHORTBUSRULZ

Similarly, thief sacks your house, gets caught by cop, and you'd question the motives of the cop. Genius.

Same can be said for Trump being the cop. He was investigating potential crimes. His primary responsibilities include implementing and enforcing our nations laws and foreign affairs. He is the Police Commissioner in your analogy.

Same can be said for Trump being the cop. He was investigating potential crimes. His primary responsibilities include implementing and enforcing our nations laws and foreign affairs. He is the Police Commissioner in your analogy.
He's not investigating crimes. He's trying to strong-arm a country into smearing his potential opponent.

Last edited:
He's not investing crimes. He's trying to strong-arm a country into smearing his potential opponent.

I'll post this again.

As the lead executive, the President is tasked with implementing and enforcing national law and being responsible for foreign relations. His inquires meet one or both of these responsibilities. Frankly, he has a right to know about what transpired in the past and collect intelligence to implement his foreign policy, as well as the foreign workings of a US citizen. In the case of Shokin, it is stated that he was asked to be fired because of his corruption. Well how do we know Shokin was "corrupt" other than collecting intelligence?

Now if in some future year Trump Jr is in China making deals, then any President has a right to be in the know if any laws are being broken or how this may affect our policy towards China.

Reactions: Obsessed
BS. The Ukrainians have been trying to give us information on the corruption of the 2016 elections.

They are not getting involved in our election. What are you scared of coug? Hillary and the dnc getting exposed?
Where was your outrage over the Obama Administration using another country to dig up dirt on Trump?
It was ok then though....
You'll get crickets.

Reactions: AirVol and Obsessed
Then I have to assume you bitched about Hillary as the Dem nominee since the same description applies. If so, you're a rare bird. Holding both sides consistently responsible is what I've tried to stress.
Not nearly the same amount. They aren't as unintelligent, uninformed, or damaging to America or democracy as he is.

VN Store

Back