The Holly Bobo Kidnapping

:bump3:

I occasionally watch those cold case shows on ID, dateline, etc.
Not losing hope they catch the person responsible.

This is dated Jan. 10, 2012...

-
(CBS/AP) NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Law enforcement agents have searched the home of an Ohio man they accuse of interfering with the investigation into the disappearance of 20-year-old Tennessee nursing student Holly Bobo.

On Wednesday, officials with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation and Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation seized a computer and other belongings from the East Liverpool home of Tony Calabrese and questioned the man and his roommate.
Calabrese is not a suspect in the disappearance, a TBI spokeswoman told Nashville station WSMV-TV, but is accused of hindering the investigation by soliciting leads and portraying himself as the leader of a search and rescue team.
Bobo was last seen on April 13, 2011, walking into the woods near her home in western Tennessee with a man dressed in camouflage.
Calabrese has set up a website featuring photos of Bobo and soliciting leads, claiming to pass them on to law enforcement. But the TBI said Calabrese is drawing attention away from their investigation.
Calabrese told the station he believes law enforcement is angry with him because he found information and passed it on to Gov. Bill Haslam, but would not elaborate on what type of information he found.
He said he has not traveled to Tennessee to help with the search, but reportedly claims to have dispatched others. He also said he has never run a search and rescue team before.
Asked whether he planned to stop the actions the TBI considers to be interfering with their investigation, Calabrese said, "I told Karen Bobo I would do anything I could, like anybody else, trying to find her daughter to bring that girl home."

I remember that story going around town about the guy in Ohio.

Rumors spreading that that they had finally caught the guy or thought they atleast had a breakthrough..unfortunately turns out not to be the case though.

fox news reporter calls Britt unrelated...

jill_monier jill_monier

tbi: no breaks in the holly bobo case. arrest of sex offender terry brit is *unrelated* but we'realways looking for info in the bobo case.
---------

...we shall see.

"For some reason a newfound hope of optimism has arisen back home in the Holly search.Sunday is apparently "wear pink" day at a few churches. I'm not really sure why this is, but they are doing it."

-from an old friend to this thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
yesterday...

DECATURVILLE — Karen Bobo, mother of missing Decatur County nursing student Holly Bobo, said Monday her family remains hopeful 10 months after her daughter’s disappearance.
“Just because it’s 10 months doesn’t make it any easier. In fact, I think it gets harder every day,” Karen Bobo said. “But we’re not gonna give up.”

Reactions: 1 person
This is a really sad situation. My thoughts are with the family. I can't imagine how difficult this must be. My sister went missing for a few hours after a marathon in Atlanta and I was in tears I was so worried. I wouldn't wish that on any one. 10 months is so long to be feeling the range of emotions they must be going through. I'm really sorry for this family but it is good that they haven't given up. :peace:

I sometimes wonder what the odds are that the kidnapper has either posted in this thread or visited this thread.

Still crazy to me that it could happen to a town so small..literally only one red light in the whole city of parsons/Decatur county.

It's safe to say nobody is giving up though..Facebook statuses/gas stations/businesses all having some form of encouragement of hoping she comes home one day.

VN Store

Back