The Holly Bobo Kidnapping

If the brother saw the abductor, even from a distance, you'd think he'd be able to tell if it was the boyfriend.

if he saw them then I'd agree. Of course when I get out of the shower I don't have contacts in and wouldn't be able to see anything but blobs

my thoughts exactly
Even without the "fishy" story he would have to be eliminated as a suspect and this has to be done quickly in these type situations. If he is indeed innocent it is my hope that he is not clouding the waters.

Even without the "fishy" story he would have to be eliminated as a suspect and this has to be done quickly in these type situations. If he is indeed innocent it is my hope that he is not clouding the waters.

i'm sure they are looking at him very carefully.

Hate to unfairly villainize the brother, especially when our only information is from what could be a poorly written news article. But, the details given seem awfully suspicious.

Hate to unfairly villainize the brother, especially when our only information is from what could be a poorly written news article. But, the details given seem awfully suspicious.

i wonder what % of abduction stories end up being legit? even if the story sounded plausable.

My dealings with the press in these type situations haven't been good. Some just want to get it first instead of get it right but then again you have some public information officers who simply aren't worth a damn! I don't even allow these guys on my scene!

i wonder what % of abduction stories end up being legit? even if the story sounded plausable.
Then again,I tend to scrutinize the stories that sound too legit.

Last edited:

Here are the second, third and fourth hand details as reported to me by Facebook and my mom, so that them for what they are worth -

1. Went missing at 7:45 CST yesterday (prett much undisputed)

2. At first there was one guy that took her, then there were 2, now it seems to be one.

3. Her cell phone was found either in the woods or by the interstate about 15 miles or so north of her house (eh).

4. Her brother has indeed been questioned hard.

5. Half of the community and surrounding counties have searched the woods near her house over and over (hence why I don't believe the underbrush comment)

6. The boyfriend has been cleared (seems to be true)

sounds like the neighbor called the police, not the brother.

Hunt continues in Darden, Tenn., area for abducted 20-year-old female The Commercial Appeal

Police say a neighbor first called 911 when she heard Bobo’s screams shortly after 7:30 a.m. Her 25-year-old brother, who was also home at the time, told officers he saw a man in camouflage clothing drag the slender, 5-3 girl, last seen wearing a pink shirt and light blue jeans, across their carport and into the woods behind their home.

this says they both called:

Authorities said the 911 center received two phone calls when Holly Bobo, 20, was abducted Wednesday morning. One was from her 25-year-old brother, who was in the home, and the other was from a woman police did not identify.

Authorities search for Tenn. woman who was last seen being dragged away by camouflage-clad man - 4/14/2011 11:46:53 AM | Newser

interesting. wonder who called first.

If a neighbor called and the brother called then that would almost eliminate him IMO.

not sure. neighbor could have told him she called or he could have realized the neighbor would have heard her scream.

guessing the neighbor, if that's who it was, called first while he was getting ready to give chase

not sure. neighbor could have told him she called or he could have realized the neighbor would have heard her scream.

She would have been found by now because there would not have been enough time for the brother to get it away, clean up, and then be there by the time the cops arived.

It may be in the middle of nowhere, but the county she lives in in small enough that you could be anywhere in 15 minutes or less if you had to be.

VN Store

Back