The Halfcourt Trap NCAA Tournament Thread

They did lose to Siena, not saying there going to lose to Cornell because I think they'll destroy them, but the option is certainly there

Does anyone else feel as I do when I say all the guys look kind of stupid when they are trying to break down a game when you compare them to their new side kick Bobby Knight. I think I'd just say very little and just listen to his evaluations of teams and games. Some the guys are trying to talk over him sometimes.:crazy:

Does anyone else feel as I do when I say all the guys look kind of stupid when they are trying to break down a game when you compare them to their new side kick Bobby Knight. I think I'd just say very little and just listen to his evaluations of teams and games. Some the guys are trying to talk over him sometimes.:crazy:
He said Pitt would advance over Memphis. That's all I need to know.

Belmont was just a little athleticism short of pulling an epic upset. Also, my humblest apologies to Frank Martin. It certainly appears I badly misjudged his ability to be a head coach at the highest level of college hoops.

I was in tears when Belmont kept making their runs. If only Patterson would have went to Duke then UCLA would have a run for their money. They live to fight another day though. West Virginia's grind it out style will get Duke Saturday. Or Arizona's inside pressence will kill Duke. This day's went pretty much as expected except for K-State winning which a lot of people picked. Maybe tomorrow's games will make up for today's session.

Belmont was just a little athleticism short of pulling an epic upset. Also, my humblest apologies to Frank Martin. It certainly appears I badly misjudged his ability to be a head coach at the highest level of college hoops.
I was very proud of the effort put forth by Belmont. Was honestly hoping they would trash my bracket picks.

What should have been a signature win for coach Rick Byrd at Belmont was decided by an inbounds pass that went errant.:no:

Today's Michigan State-Pittsburgh game will be an absolute bloodbath. Two of the most physically aggressive teams in the country on the biggest stage. It won't be artistic, but it will be ubercompetitive.

Robbins don't kill me but I think the best chance for a 1 seed to go down in the 2nd round is Memphis against MSU. Varnado and Rhodes are tough down low and Gordon will have to play the game of his life, but it's possible that the Bulldogs to go down. It will be a great matchup down low though.

Robbins don't kill me but I think the best chance for a 1 seed to go down in the 2nd round is Memphis against MSU. Varnado and Rhodes are tough down low and Gordon will have to play the game of his life, but it's possible that the Bulldogs to go down. It will be a great matchup down low though.

I completely agree. NOt a slight on my Tigs, but if you just look at the other 1 v. 8/9, Miss. St. is the best 8/9 still left. You also have to look at the complete lack of a big presence down low for Oregon with Rhodes performance. He did play like a man and it will be interesting to see how he and Jarvis V match up when they get DDT'd (Dorsey, Dozier, Taggart). Ultimately I think Memphis can get Vernardo in foul trouble and MSU lack of depth will do them in.

A real treat as the two best PG's in the country face off in Rose and Gordon. That will be the best matchup to watch.

Arky's a much bigger threat to the no D playing Tarheels than MSU is to Memphis.

VN Store

Back