The Halfcourt Trap NCAA Tournament Thread

hatvol96

I'll be putting the regional breakdowns folks requested right here, starting tomorrow night with Tennessee's region. Also, I'm trying to get ahold of some coaches to get their Final Four picks. I'll post those here, as well.

I see... On a more depressing topic, how does this loss affect the seeding? Is there any chance UT gets a one?

I'm quite certain he wouldn't answer my first question. Coach Wooden, how easy was it to recruit whenyou has access to mobster Sam Gilbert's checkbook?

Jerry Tarkanian said the UCLA had crooked boosters like Gilbert, but I don't think he mentioned mob ties. Wow...

Google Sam Gilbert. You'll get all the info you need.

In 1981, the UCLA basketball program was placed on probation and UCLA was ordered to disassociate Sam Gilbert from the recruiting process. UCLA was told to disassociate Gilbert from the recruiting process because his name was used to co-sign a loan for a player’s car along with several other infractions.

Government officials report that a year after being forced away from the UCLA Basketball program, Gilbert began laundering money for a known drug runner in a scheme that supposedly made him $36 million. Coincidentally, when federal agents finally had enough evidence to arrest and went to his home on November, 24th 1987 in Pacific Palisades, they learned that he had passed away two days earlier of cancer.

Some people are just born lucky...

Nation, don't waste your time with Hat. I promise you this "debate" (albeit a one-sided debate) will not end in your favor.

Disagree. If Kansas loses tomorrow, we're the 1 in D'town and they're the 2.

We're still screwed then, I'd rather get a region with Memphis and Duke and be a 3 seed. Arthur will score about 70 points and Kansas guards will make Jordan Howell worse than he already is. I want no part of Kansas or UCLA

1. It isn't a debate because he doesn't know how to do that without playground banter.

2. It ends in my favor every time because he hops on every post with full intent, which makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. lol
you continue to prove yourself the bigger man. nicely done.

VN Store

Back