The Grill and BBQ thread

This one?
Pulled Pork Tacos With Mango Habanero Salsa - Grill Nation - Recipes, Grills and Grilling Products

The cooking method is a pretty standard smoke. It'll take longer to cook. But I don't see any reason you couldn't just double the recipe.
That’s the one. New issue is I have a combo shoulder/butt. Broke in half on the way to the board. Followed the recipe but maybe used too much hot sauce as the binder. Going to cook the two pieces side by side…looking at 8-10 hours smoking time.

That’s the one. New issue is I have a combo shoulder/butt. Broke in half on the way to the board. Followed the recipe but maybe used too much hot sauce as the binder. Going to cook the two pieces side by side…looking at 8-10 hours smoking time.

Pork butts are very forgiving. You can cook them at 225 or 350 (turbo butt) and it will be good. That recipe looks great. Will have to give that a dance! Good luck. I know the family & friends will love it.

I jus looked at the recipe and it sounds really good. Let us know what you think. One part I saw in the recipe is spritzing the butt with apple cider vinegar. That is good to do because if you have a low amount of fat on your butt the vinegar can help keep it moist. What I like to do is spritz with a 50/50 blend of apple cider vinegar and apple juice. It gives a more robust apple flavor imo.

Reactions: butchna
Niiiiice. 😎

Is there a specific recipe for this, or pretty much just fix cheesesteak and, well, stuff it in the peppers?

— and lol at Bear side-eyeing you. I’ll bet it smelled great!

Bear was in my business!

3 Bell Peppers

1lb Ground Beef or Shaved Steak

1 Onion Diced

8oz Mushrooms sliced or chopped

8oz Provolone

1 Tbsp of Worst/ Dales/ Soy

1 Cup of Beef Broth

2Tbsp of Ketchup

Salt & Pepper to Taste

Preheat oven to 350

Cut peppers in half. Sear if you choose

Brown beef & onions until onions have softened

Stir in mushrooms

Add broth, ketchup, salt & pepper

Simmer until most of the liquid is absorbed

Stuff peppers, top with cheese then bake for 35-45 minutes....I seared my peppers 1st, & they only took about 20 mins

Bear was in my business!

3 Bell Peppers

1lb Ground Beef or Shaved Steak

1 Onion Diced

8oz Mushrooms sliced or chopped

8oz Provolone

1 Tbsp of Worst/ Dales/ Soy

1 Cup of Beef Broth

2Tbsp of Ketchup

Salt & Pepper to Taste

Preheat oven to 350

Cut peppers in half. Sear if you choose

Brown beef & onions until onions have softened

Stir in mushrooms

Add broth, ketchup, salt & pepper

Simmer until most of the liquid is absorbed

Stuff peppers, top with cheese then bake for 35-45 minutes....I seared my peppers 1st, & they only took about 20 mins
Thank you, this is great!

I love Philly cheesesteaks, but wow, it’s like there’s at least as much bread as filling. I love the idea of a grilled pepper instead.

Anyone tried this stuff? I'm still experimenting but find it best as an add on to salt and pepper. Steaks and burgers so far.

HardcoreBlack_1200x1200.jpg

I'm going to give smash burgers a go tonight. Any recommendations? I'll be using a cast iron griddle on the grill.

VN Store

Back