The Grill and BBQ thread

Nah, this is his BBQ rub. I haven’t tried his AP seasoning but I bet it’s outstanding. He also has a Cajun seasoning that I want to try.

He uses his AP seasoning in over half of the videos of his that I've watched. And I just saw the BBQ rub today that you were talking about. I will have to try it. So many seasonings on his website, too. I need a knife set, injector, injector seasoning, and regular seasonings. Gonna be asking for some of that for Christmas lol

Have you tried any of the Swine Life seasonings/rubs?

Do you online order it or is there a store round here with it?

Only way I know how to get his stuff is through his website.

HowToBBQRight BBQ Shop

I was actually just thinking today if some places around Knox sell his seasonings.

Edit: Just found a spot on their website to check for local stores who carry the Killer Hogs items. The closest store to Knoxville is in Ooltewah, TN

Last edited:

HowToBBQRight BBQ Shop

I was actually just thinking today if some places around Knox sell his seasonings.

Edit: Just found a spot on their website to check for local stores who carry the Killer Hogs items. The closest store to Knoxville is in Ooltewah, TN

HowToBBQRight BBQ Shop

Yeah he carries his stuff in local stores under the “Killer Hogs” brand. The Ace store that’s a rocks throw from me sells every single one of his products. There’s an entire shelf devoted to his products so he obviously has a big deal with them.

Yeah he carries his stuff in local stores under the “Killer Hogs” brand. The Ace store that’s a rocks throw from me sells every single one of his products. There’s an entire shelf devoted to his products so he obviously has a big deal with them.

Well, then. I will have to check out Ace Hardware because his website is wrong hah!

Well, then. I will have to check out Ace Hardware because his website is wrong hah!

We are in the Memphis area where he is closely located. It may be a local agreement. Just fyi.

I see his stuff is also supposed to be available at Memphis BBQ Supply on Stage @gordonr24. I hear good things about that store but have not been there. Any experience?

We are in the Memphis area where he is closely located. It may be a local agreement. Just fyi.

I see his stuff is also supposed to be available at Memphis BBQ Supply on Stage @gordonr24. I hear good things about that store but have not been there. Any experience?

Yeah, you're probably right about the local stores being the only ones that carry the brand.

I haven’t been but know of people that have and rave about it. It’s local so that’s a good thing.

Has anyone unrolled a pork loin? I am wanting to do one after seeing it. Then stuff with peppers and garlic then light smoke roast. Any advice?

Smoked some chicken drumsticks and whole wings yesterday with skin still on. Used only 1 piece of apple wood while seasoning with a layer of granulated garlic and then the Kroger Brand of Nashville Hot Chicken seasoning. They came out nice a crispy, and spicy. But they were also bland. Can't figure out why? Does anyone know why that would happen?

Reactions: JCHateSteve
That looks great. I have plans to learn turkey breast this fall as well as smoking chuck roast and making beef sandwiches out of it.
That sounds good.

I got to say the Tri Tip on the Rotisserie is absurdly tender. I'll be doing Philly steaks that way from now on.

Reactions: zhangliao04

VN Store

Back