The Grill and BBQ thread

upgraded my 8 year old Weber Genesis E-310 to the Genesis II SE-335. It's a beast. Bought it from BBQ Guys - great service. From order to delivery via freight company = less than 48 hours.

Weber 61016201 Genesis II SE-335 Propane Grill Black
Nice grill, we've taken to flank steak marinated in soy sauce, honey and garlic......Sear it on high for 2-3 minutes a side and it's a perfect med rare.....and there's usually enough left for steak and eggs the next morning

Reactions: volinbham
Reactions: Orange_Vol1321
I'm in the middle of a brisket smoke where I'm trying something a little different. I separated the point and flat before smoking and plan on making some burnt ends along with the regular brisket. Will try and post pics later.

Don't forget to post pics of the finished product.

I have a pork tenderloin set for tomorrow. I'm going for a savory flavor profile and using a basic chimichuri as the garish. Experiments are fun.
It was very good and a hit. Everyone wants it again. Smoked baked potatoes with it. Had to toss it in the oven at 350° for 20 minutes after a 3 hour smoke at 250°. It was such a big pork loin the temp was only at 140° after 3 hours.

20190907_183228.jpg

I was making chicken for NFL sunday and my wife asked me to do a pumpkin spice rub. I did a generic wet brine, then I did a chipotle rub + sauce for the boys and they turned out really damn good, but I gotta say I was shocked as hell to find out I liked the pumpkin spice chicken better. I don't even care for that flavor but somehow it is so good with the smokey chicken. Kinda like chicken and waffles or something, the way the flavors balance out.

I've never smoked a turkey and I've been planning it for this year. I think I'll have to try this rub on it.

I was making chicken for NFL sunday and my wife asked me to do a pumpkin spice rub. I did a generic wet brine, then I did a chipotle rub + sauce for the boys and they turned out really damn good, but I gotta say I was shocked as hell to find out I liked the pumpkin spice chicken better. I don't even care for that flavor but somehow it is so good with the smokey chicken. Kinda like chicken and waffles or something, the way the flavors balance out.

I've never smoked a turkey and I've been planning it for this year. I think I'll have to try this rub on it.
You have a recipe for that rub?

2 TBSP brown sugar
1 TBSP kosher salt
1 TBSP pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
Thanks! I was thinking you had some kind of actual pumpkin flavor in the rub. I'm sure that's a good tasting combo, though: pie spice has similar ingredients to Caribbean/jerk seasoning.

What kind of wood did you use for smoke?
Whole chicken or parts? Skin on or off.

Turkey is easy, at least in big Green egg. We have about 20 for Thanksgiving, and I've been smoking a breast or two to supplement oven bird for about 15 years. We used to have 30 people. The good ole days.

What kind of wood did you use for smoke?
Whole chicken or parts? Skin on or off.

Turkey is easy, at least in big Green egg. We have about 20 for Thanksgiving, and I've been smoking a breast or two to supplement oven bird for about 15 years. We used to have 30 people. The good ole days.

I just use the traeger blend they sell at costco. It's cheap and tastes good with basically any recipe.

I almost always cook drumsticks with the skin.

VN Store

Back