The Grill and BBQ thread

Picked up a nice tri-tip at Simpson's with my Father's Day haul, figured I'd give the cut another chance. I don't typically like to wet marinade beef, but I'm open to suggestions. Somebody give me a go-to prep that I will like.

I did a Simpson's tri-tip a few weeks ago. Just hit it with SPG rub. Reverse sear. Perfect.

If I was to marinate, I would probably go with Allegro Hot & Spicy.

Always did pork with grilling. Heard the best beef ribs need some low and slow. You guys make everything look good on here.

For beef ribs, I like to use beef base such as Better than Bouillon. Mix the bouillon with soy or Worst. sauce to make a paste, Slather on the ribs. Then add a sprinkle of a simple rub of salt, pepper, & garlic powder (if you like). Higher temp if you intend to wrap or lower temp if you don't.

Reactions: JCHateSteve
1st brisket I've ever cooked. 13lb. Prime from Sam's Club. Trimmed and seasoned with Kosmos Q's SPG & Texas Beef. The small aluminum pan off to the side is some of the soft fat I'll render and use it in the wrap. On the Grilla at 6:15AM.

732021 Brisket.jpg

Last edited:
My costco always had those before the pandemic...fkn rona
Yeah, things still aren't really back to normal. I used to get the predone ones at food city. But making them myself ruined that. I did red pepper relish on those. It's going to become a permanent addition I believe.

Reactions: VolInNorthCack
Guys and gals, I'm back. Been away for a while as it has been crazy looking, buying, and settling into our new home. And I just bought my first grill ever. I got the Weber Kettle Master Touch. Have t built it yet, but I'm very excited. Does anyone else have one of these?

Reactions: JCHateSteve
Guys and gals, I'm back. Been away for a while as it has been crazy looking, buying, and settling into our new home. And I just bought my first grill ever. I got the Weber Kettle Master Touch. Have t built it yet, but I'm very excited. Does anyone else have one of these?
Good choice. That's my primary grill.

Reactions: zhangliao04

VN Store

Back