The Grill and BBQ thread

Yes, that is a good deal from Atlanta Grill Company. I was contemplating getting a DoJoe and Joetisserie since they are on sale. Definitely going to get the SloRoller when it becomes available.

I was eying the JOEtisserie for the sale but just can’t swing it right now. Gonna hope for a good Black Friday type deal this fall/winter.

My wife bought a pre-marinated tri-tip at the grocery store today..... not typically a fan of pre-marinated meats and I’ve been tasked w cooking it for dinner tonight. So a short turnaround... going for a reverse sear on my Komado I guess... any other recs?

My wife bought a pre-marinated tri-tip at the grocery store today..... not typically a fan of pre-marinated meats and I’ve been tasked w cooking it for dinner tonight. So a short turnaround... going for a reverse sear on my Komado I guess... any other recs?

Just roll with it!

IMG_20190606_200210691.jpgWhy can I not find tri-tips around here? I've been wanting to try one. I did a couple of flat irons the other day, but they were deceptively packaged and were super thin when I took them out. They still tasted good, though.

One pic from vacation: 30A surf+turf -- prime tenderloin and fresh macadamia-encrusted grouper.

View attachment 208662Why can I not find tri-tips around here? I've been wanting to try one. I did a couple of flat irons the other day, but they were deceptively packaged and were super thin when I took them out. They still tasted good, though.

One pic from vacation: 30A surf+turf -- prime tenderloin and fresh macadamia-encrusted grouper.

Not sure where you live but Aldi and Trader Joes have tri-tip all the time in my area.

Our Bi-Lo carried a Santa Maria marinated Tri-Tip. They were amazing. Sadly the Bi-Lo closed the store in my area.

This was an Asian style marinade. I started it low at 275 and it effectively gave it a light smoke and then seared it on my sear burner at the end. It was perfectly cooked so I like the method. But the smoke/marinade combo was a bit much. Next time would prefer a rub on it.

View attachment 208662Why can I not find tri-tips around here? I've been wanting to try one. I did a couple of flat irons the other day, but they were deceptively packaged and were super thin when I took them out. They still tasted good, though.

Do you have a good butcher around your area? I’ve had success at the butcher shop by me but that’s it and they sell out quick. Most store bought Tri-Tip is marinated and I want to do my own thing so I wait for the butcher shop.

Ingles carries them here in the Tri. Other than that the butcher is about the only other place I can get them.

Do you have a good butcher around your area? I’ve had success at the butcher shop by me but that’s it and they sell out quick. Most store bought Tri-Tip is marinated and I want to do my own thing so I wait for the butcher shop.
There's one in Bearden. Expensive, but great reviews.

Tried the newly-advertised "prime" pork chops from Fresh Market tonight, using a reverse sear recipe I found online. Brined with salt water and herbs, 250 until 125, glazed with stone-ground mustard+honey+pepper, then finished hot for about a minute a side. I swear: best chops I've ever had. My wife isn't usually a huge fan, and she said she would be craving them even over steak!!!IMG_20190612_195432293.jpg

Here we go. First full packer 12 lb brisket just loaded into the Traeger. Hope I don’t screw this up. I’ll check back in about 14 hours.

View attachment 209038
Good luck. I have an 8 lb one going on the pit barrel in the morning. Here is hoping it goes well. I wanted to do it on the Weber but I'm going to go play disc golf with dad. Got to love a set and forget.

Reactions: NorthDallas40

VN Store

Back