Votes: 19 6.2%
  • 2001 Tennessee vs Florida

Votes: 71 23.1%
  • 1998 Tennessee vs Arkansas

Votes: 76 24.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Comeback games pretty much all of 2016 lol and rally in death valley
There’sa game that doesn’t get talked about much because the season fell apart but the 2nd half of the 2005 opener @ LSU is one of the best 30 minutes of football you will find.

Another fun one was 2006 @UGA when we got down 17 but then hung 50 on them and boat raced them in the 2nd half.

There’sa game that doesn’t get talked about much because the season fell apart but the 2nd half of the 2005 opener @ LSU is one of the best 30 minutes of football you will find.

Another fun one was 2006 @UGA when we got down 17 but then hung 50 on them and boat raced them in the 2nd half.
We were down like 24-7 in 4th quarter at LSU and won

Reactions: GAVol
1998 -vs- Arkansas takes first place for me. Because it was such an important game..... I was in the stands - in the pouring rain, and by the time the game was over Every TENNESSEE fan was just soaked, proud, and exhausted! So glad that I was THERE!

1998 -vs- Florida is a close second. Beating Spurrier & company..... And then knowing that they were then chasing us the entire rest of the year was VERY satisfying!.....

2001 -vs- Florida is a good one, too! We ran all over those gators - In the Swamp! Knocking them out of the SEC Championship game, And pissing Steve Spurrier off SO MUCH that he quit and went to the NFL. (That didn't turn out too good for him, either!)

Last edited:
1986 Sugar Bowl.

It’s great listening to Keith Jackson & Frank Broyles talk the first 15 minutes about Miami & OU and their National Championship argument. Finally they get around to talking about the game & it’s “if Tennessee has any chance in this game” …….

Then the game begins, Miami scores first, mainly benefit of a fake punt but Tennessee’s defense begins to dominate the Canes. It’s clear Donahue had outcoached Johnson by middle of 2nd Qtr. Even at half time, Tim Brant sideline reporter was loving on Johnson.

Halftime show with Lee Greenwood was the greatest! Even the huge rack on a Miami flag girl that ABC zeroed in on, is worth watching the halftime show

By mid 3rd Qtr, Jackson & Broyles realized they were witnessing a complete ass kicking but it wasn’t the team they thought. The Vols were in complete control. A great night.

I was at the game and watched it again, start to finish that night after I got home.
1st and 2nd quarter Jackson and Broyles were kissing the Canes’ behinds and not giving the Vols a chance in hell….. and then….

The '97 SEC Championship is still the worst I've ever seen Tennessee play and still win. 6 turnovers, 5 dropped passes and we had an extra point blocked and returned for 2. Gotta substitute either '98 Syracuse or '89 Auburn.
Yep, we tried our best to blow that one.

Miracle at South Bend is the greatest comeback in UT football history.

Was living in Milwaukee at the time and drove down to South Bend for the game w a buddy of mine. Tix were $250+ if, IF you could find one. Just minutes before kickoff, we were standing in front of the gates for the stadium and there was NOBODY anywhere - all were inside. Just then, a well dressed older couple came down from a cloud and they noticed my Orange & White Wingtips and said "Are you by chance a Tennessee fan?". They sold us two of their unused tickets for $50 EACH and in we went. Our seats were friggin' amazing, as we sat in the northeast corner of the end zone smack dab in the middle of the UT section. I had two UT seat cushions that I pounded together the whole game and when we started our miraculous comeback, the UT section was ROCKIN'. When the field goal went wide right (off Jeremy Lincolns buttocks), it was as pure of a joy and jubilation I have ever experienced. We went down on the field and were grabbing chalky grass and weeds as souvenirs and just jumping around like idiots.

I was also at the Arkansas game in that horrible weather in Ktown and drove from Boston to the Syracuse game - which started off our undefeated National Championship year. (that should be on the list) Those two games are such an integral part of our NC season and each in their own right Top 5 games IMO however, beating Lou Holtz on his field in front of Touchdown Jesus along with the many devoted and loyal Vol fans that traveled to South Bend really was magic.

‘92 Florida was a good one too

1992 gators at Neyland

Was thinking this one. Was when it was torrential rain at Neyland and we were up like 42 to 7going into the 4th quarter? We absolutely destroyed them....the ball would float away after being spotted if the center didnt hold it still. Hardest rain i have ever seen at UT and we still had astroturf . Heath Shuler was unstoppable

This may be the last time we truly beat the fool out of those gators til they looked like a Div3 school....

Reactions: Carl Pickens

VN Store

Back