• 2004 Tennessee Vs Florida

Votes: 19 6.2%
  • 2001 Tennessee vs Florida

Votes: 71 23.1%
  • 1998 Tennessee vs Arkansas

Votes: 76 24.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The National Championship Game isn’t even on the list, you know the game that actually got us the crystal ball…

If we are restricted to this list then it has to be 98 Arkansas imo. We were literally about to lose that game and the football gods smiled upon us.
I rewatch this game occasionally to convince myself that there are football gods

That was my senior year on The Hill. I was drinking shot after shot of Goldschlager before the game and puked a gallon of vomit into a trash can in the 2nd quarter. A cop saw me and kicked me out. Good times. LOL.

As I recall, we caught a break with Robert Edwards being injured after running all over us in the 1st half.
It’s the gold flakes. 😅 It’s one of the only times I’ve gotten sick off booze.

Reactions: VolPack22
1986 Sugar Bowl.

It’s great listening to Keith Jackson & Frank Broyles talk the first 15 minutes about Miami & OU and their National Championship argument. Finally they get around to talking about the game & it’s “if Tennessee has any chance in this game” …….

Then the game begins, Miami scores first, mainly benefit of a fake punt but Tennessee’s defense begins to dominate the Canes. It’s clear Donahue had outcoached Johnson by middle of 2nd Qtr. Even at half time, Tim Brant sideline reporter was loving on Johnson.

Halftime show with Lee Greenwood was the greatest! Even the huge rack on a Miami flag girl that ABC zeroed in on, is worth watching the halftime show

By mid 3rd Qtr, Jackson & Broyles realized they were witnessing a complete ass kicking but it wasn’t the team they thought. The Vols were in complete control. A great night.

I was at the game and watched it again, start to finish that night after I got home.

There's really two ways to look at this: greatest comeback games and greatest beat-down games.
My favorite comebacks are Miracle at South Bend, 2016 vs. UGA (I still get goose bumps), and 2016 Florida.
My favorite beat-down games are Sugar Bowl vs. Miami and 1995 Alabama.
More recently, I really enjoyed 2019 vs. S. Carolina, because of the pounding we gave the Cocks in the second half

I went with the 2016 UF game. Lots of people gave us zero chance to come back and we literally broke their back that whole second half. Plus I was there with my adult son.

All great games.....but come on. UT did play football pre 1990.......;)

'86 Miami
'85 Auburn
'82 Alabama
'79 Notre Dame
'72 Penn St
Another vote for these games. Especially '82 vs bama and the 72 PSU game. My most heartbreaking game was against Auburn when Sullivan and Beasley stole one in Neyland. Still debate that crap offsides call on the kick.

Really strange the 06 Air Force game is on the list. Was at that game as a student and no one felt like we had won the game walking home that night especially with Inky’s injury.
85 and 89 Auburn, 90 Florida, 91 miracle, 92 Georgia, 95 bama, 98 arkansas, national championship, 01 Florida, 03 bama ot, 04 Florida, 07 kentucky just to see us break their hearts, 07 Georgia, 13 and 14 uscjr, and 16 Florida all are great games to watch.

As a UT fan there are so many games that Tennessee has played over the years. To rewatch a Vol’s win is an easy sell. I had to stop rewatching losses due to prolonging my agony. Rewatching a scrub game became difficult due the the lack of competitive play. Typically about 5 or 6 each year are worth while to rewatch.

The Sugar Bowl vs Va
Cotton Bowl vs Ar
Cotton vs Michigan

VN Store

Back