The Gardening Thread

Does anyone her have an Australian Bottlebrush tree?
How do the do with other plants?

There are bunches of them around my other house in SWFL. I see them growing in vacant lots that are "jungle" and they seem to do just fine but not as many blooms as one that's in a yard where it has room to breathe. Beautiful when in full bloom but sorta' messy to clean up when the blooms start falling off!

IMG_2769.jpegI'm trying to grow some beauty berry bushes and this one is wilting. The others I have planned are doing good. All were planted the same day and in the same soil but this one isn't growing. I have voles I'm trying to get rid of. Do you think the voles could have eaten the taproot? Need help to get it back

The black cherry tomatoes which I planted for the first time this year are the first of my mater plants to produce ripe fruit. Delicious!

Reactions: VolNExile
The black cherry tomatoes which I planted for the first time this year are the first of my mater plants to produce ripe fruit. Delicious!
Ae those red and black and a little smaller than a golf ball?
My wife ate those every day last year, but the place I bought them last year, and all my other plants this year didn't have them last month.

Reactions: Tin Man
Ae those red and black and a little smaller than a golf ball?
My wife ate those every day last year, but the place I bought them last year, and all my other plants this year didn't have them last month.
Small blackish red with a greenish hue at the stem. The plant is very productive. There are many clusters of green tomatoes on it at ~3’ tall. I’m beginning to suspect it will become a large, long vine.

Reactions: Go aeiou
Two of my big, beautiful Cherokee purple tomatoes have been pulled off the vines and chewed just as they were ripening! 😡

I have no idea what’s doing the deed. I’ve picked the others which are starting to ripen and am hoping that they’ll finish ripening inside.

Two of my big, beautiful Cherokee purple tomatoes have been pulled off the vines and chewed just as they were ripening! 😡

I have no idea what’s doing the deed. I’ve picked the others which are starting to ripen and am hoping that they’ll finish ripening inside.

Squirrels

Reactions: VolNExile
Please, no…
Yep, I'm betting squirrels.

We used to live in a log house (what a saga...) on a vertical lot and gardened in barrels on the deck. In the summer, we'd find individual tomatoes lined up on the deck railing, each with one bite taken.

Squirrels.

Thank You to my fellow VN Gardners. I just had my first Cherokee Purple tomato from my garden last night. What a wonderful and tasty treat! And I would have missed it if not for several of you talking about them!

Thanks again VN!!
I'm jealous! *goes out to glare at the Cherokee Defiantly Bright Green again*

VN Store

Back